5 May 2017: The one liner of 5 May covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like South Asia Satellite, process of reviving an ancient water body and FIFA World Ranking among others.
• The communication and broadcasting satellite that was launched by ISRO on 5 May 2017 is - South Asia Satellite
• This South Asian Nation is not part of the South Asia Satellite that was launched by ISRO on 5 May 2017 – Pakistan
• This NGO is in the process of reviving an ancient water body located in Kancheepuram taluk, Tamil Nadu - Environmentalist Foundation of India (EFI)
• Allies of Syria – Russia & Iran signed a deal with rebel supporter Turkey during talks conducted in this country - Kazakhstan
• This country is hosting the 27th session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) - Switzerland
• The Union government has appointed Braj Bihari Kumar as the Chairman of this Indian research body- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
• The country that leads the FIFA World Ranking, which was released recently is - Brazil
• The public intellectual recently appointed the Vice Chancellor of Ashoka University is - Pratap Bhanu Mehta
• The city that was declared as the cleanest city as per the Swachh Survekshan 2017 is – Indore
• The city/town that was declared as the least clean city as per the Swachh Survekshan 2017 is – Gonda
• Hollywood film that was awarded the Special Jury Remi Award at the 50th annual Worldfest-Houston International Film Festival - The Black Prince
• Theme of 2017 World Asthma Day - Better air better breathing
• National Youth Awards will now be given to - 25 individuals and 10 organisations
• Strike range of medium-range nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni-ll that was recently test-fired off the Odisha coast - More than 2000 km
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.