6 September 2017: The one liner of 6 September covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like most expensive weather disaster in the history of the US, the oldest semi-finalist in US Open history and Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) among others.
• As per a recent report, the storm that is going to be the most expensive weather disaster in the history of the United States of America is - Hurricane Harvey
• As per a recent research published in the International Journal of Astrobiology, the phenomena that may have caused beaching of whales in the year 2016 is - Solar Storms
• He was recently appointed as the Chairman of the European Club Association - Andrea Agnelli
• The tennis player who recently became the oldest semi-finalist in US Open history is - Venus Williams
• This state’s Governor has given assent to Religious Freedom Bill-2017 - Jharkhand
• Coastal erosion has resulted in the disappearance e of this biodiversity-rich uninhabited islands, which was a part of Lakshadweep - Parali I
• This country has launched its largest military drill in 20 years – Israel
• This state’s government has set up a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Cell for the implementation of DBT scheme – Assam
• Person conferred with the 2017 PLuS Alliance Prize - N R Narayana Murthy
• Former Union Minister and Trinamool MP who passed away recently - Sultan Ahmed
• Person who launched the first batch of 1000 E-rickshaws from Huda City Centre metro station in Gurugram - Nitin Gadkari
• Person nominated as US ambassador to India - Kenneth I Juster
• NITI Aayog on 5 September 2017 launched the National Nutrition Strategy aimed at - Kuposhan Mukt Bharat
• The bank that for the first time was identified as the Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) by RBI in its latest release of 2017 is – HDFC Bank
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.