7 September 2017: The one liner of 7 September covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like very compact astronomical radio source, co-patron of Archdiocese of Calcutta and 2017 UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education among others.
• Portal launched by Vice President for teachers education - DIKSHA
• Person declared as the co-patron of Archdiocese of Calcutta recently - Mother Teresa
• Scheme launched in Melaka, Malaysia to promote the concept of energy efficiency - UJALA
• Person resigned as a MakeMyTrip co-founder and President recently - Ashish Kashyap
• NITI Aayog has constituted an Expert Task Force to provide a major thrust to job creation by enhancing India’s exports. He will be chairing the task force - Dr. Rajiv Kumar, the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog
• The hurricane that caused considerable damage on French island territories in the Caribbean on 7 September 2017 is - Irma
• The event launched by the Union Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region to promote the art, culture, heritage, cuisine, handicrafts, business and tourism of North East India is - North East Calling
• A massive black hole was discovered near a bright and very compact astronomical radio source at the centre of the Milky Way. The name of the astronomical radio source is - Sagittarius A*
• Winners of the 2017 UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education are - “Mobile MaCTec Bus Labs/Mini Academy of Science and Technology” project of Mini Academy of Science and Technology, Peru, and “Education and Life Skills Training Programme to Help Stateless Children and Women Migrating from Shan State to Thailand” project of the Development and Education Programme for Daughters and Communities Centre in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region
• A naval exercise named SLINEX 20117 is being held near Vishakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal. The other country take part in the exercise along with India is - Sri Lanka
• The Home Ministry has extended the financial powers of Chiefs this Indian defence segment - Central Armed Police Forces
• This Indian actress has become the first Indian woman ambassador of Australia – Parineeti Chopra
• This state’s CM flagged off the statewide ‘Narmada Mahotsav Yatra’, as part of a two-week celebration to mark the completion of Sardar Sarovar Dam on the Narmada river - Gujarat
• This world leader has raised a furor with his decision to withdraw work permit to those who arrived in the nation illegally as children – Donald Trump
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.