Current Affairs One liner of the Day: 8 December 2016
Dec 8, 2016 19:02 IST
The One liners of 8 December 2016 covers the major happenings that are important for competitive examinations. The day’s one liner covers important current affairs of the day like 2016 World Power Language Index, Time Person of the Year 2016 and Allahabad HC declares Triple Talaq as unconstitutional among others.
- The court that declared the process of Triple Talaq as unconstitutional is - Allahabad High Court
- Arunachal Pradesh State Co-operative Apex Bank 2016 launched Mobile Banking Service named SIMsePaY in collaboration with - Yes Bank Ltd.
- He was named as Person of the Year 2016 by Time magazine - US President-elect Donald Trump
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-661 crashed with 47 people, including five crew members and 42 passengers, on board into a mountain near the town of - Havelian, in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan
- Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated in India on- 7 December
- Most powerful language as per the 2016 World Power Language Index- English
- Hindi language fetched what rank on the 2016 World Power Language Index- 10th
- Three companies that formed consortium recently to set up India's biggest refinery- IOCL, BPCL and HPCL
- The Indian senior national hockey team captain who recently took over as the Goalkeeping Coach of India Under-21 hockey team is - PR Sreejesh
- The head of the MCC’s World Cricket Committee that recently made several recommendations in order to bring about a balance between bat and ball is - Mike Brearley
- The country with which Indian recently signed an agreement to train its Sukhoi Su-30MK2 fighter pilots is - Vietnam
- The Serendipity Arts Festival will be held from 16 December to 23 December 2016 in - Goa
- The parliamentary constituency that recently became India’s first to have health insurance for all is - Vijayawada
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's decision to discontinue 500 and 1000 rupees notes has boosted the revenue of many civic bodies in - Maharashtra
- Altogether 98 trainee police officers of the 42nd Basic Course from North Eastern Police Academy took oath during the Dikshant parade held in – Shillong
- India received over 300 billion US dollar Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) milestone between - April 2000 and September 2016
Is this article important for exams ?
Yes36 People Agreed