The Current Affairs One liners cover the major happenings that are important for competitive examinations like 2016 Expedia vacation deprivation report, 2016 Foreign Policy Global Thinker, and Exercise EKUVERIN among others.
• Person appointed as Director General and Chief Executive Officer of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs- Sunil Arora
• India’s position in the vacation deprived country ranking as per 2016 Expedia vacation deprivation report- 4th
• Person named as the 2016 Foreign Policy Global Thinker for Twitter diplomacy- Sushma Swaraj
• Rank fetched by India in the defence spending, according to 2016 IHS Jane’s Defense Budgets Report- 4th
• The person appointed as the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations is - Amina Mohammed
• The person awarded with the ICFA’s Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016 is - Ratan Tata
• The seventh edition of Exercise EKUVERIN commenced recently. The exercise is between - India and Maldives
• The country that recently inaugurated its first organ transplant centre is - Pakistan
• India’s largest indoor sports arena will come up in - West Bengal
• This state’s government has passed a law proposing tougher action against illegal liquor sale and purchase- Gujarat
• This island district in Assam will now become India’s first ever Carbon neutral district by 2020- Majuli
• The lone Indian cricketer who appeared in the ICC Women's Team of the Year 2016 is - Smriti Mandhana
• This many number of cities were identified by the Union Government under the Development of Solar Cities Programme – 60 cities
• He was removed as director from the Tata Teleservices Board – Cyrus Mistry
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.