31 October 2017: The one liner of 31 October covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like world’s first hybrid electric tram, UN global wildlife conference and India, Tunisia agreements among others.
• Person who will head the parliamentary standing committee that was formed recently to examine operational preparedness of armed forces - B C Khanduri
• World’s first hybrid electric tram powered by hydrogen fuel cells was launched in - China
• Person appointed as the High Commissioner of India to Zambia - NJ Gangte
• This country will host 2018 Asian Cricket Council Emerging Nations Cup - Pakistan
• This country will host the United Nations (UN) global wildlife conference in 2020 - India
• Committee appointed to investigate into the death of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa - A Arumughaswamy committee
• This day is observed as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas- 31 October
• This state’s tourism department announced Majuli Sustainable Tourism Development Project (MSTDP) to encourage carbon-free tourism experience - Assam
• The Indian woman cricketer topped the ICC ODI rankings for batswomen, released on 30 October 2017 -Mithali Raj
• This judge headed the bench of Supreme Court that questioned the state governments on why there were no separate schools for children suffering from autism- Dipak Misra
• Union Minister for state for social justice and empowerment, Ramdas Athawale launched this Yojana in Mumbai - Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana
• According to a new report by the World Health Organisation, this country topped the list of seven countries that have reported most number of TB cases in 2016 - India
• India signed agreements to enhance bilateral cooperation in various sectors including renewable energy, infrastructure, transport and trade on 30 October 2017 with this nation -Tunisia
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.