The one liner of the day covers important current affairs of the day like Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, book An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India and Lost ancient river Chandrabhaga among others.
• The Vice President of India, M. Hamid Ansari, recently released a book authored by Sashi Tharoor. The title of the book is - An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India
• Ratnesh Kumar was recently appointed as the MD and CEO of - Bank of Baroda Capital Markets Limited
• The first female U.S. Attorney General who passed away recently is - Janet Reno
• Famous Tunisian leader who was conferred with the Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards for promoting Gandhian values outside India is - Sheikh Rached Ghannouchi
• Mission of NASA that created Guinness World Record for highest altitude fix of GPS signal recently- Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission
• The Union Government recently launched the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan. The scheme had first found its mention in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s monthly radio address Mann Ki Baat in – June 2016
• Person appointed as Chairman of Fund Trustee and Advisory Commission of Kerala- Vinod Rai
• Union Government recently issued guidelines for suspension or banning of business dealings in- Armament Sector
• Two newly identified biomarkers that will help in easy diagnosis of drug resistant Tuberculosis- miR-16 and miR-155
• Lost ancient river Chandrabhaga flowed near- Konark Sun Temple
• President Pranab Mukherjee presented the 2016 Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards to the winning children of IGNITE competition. The competition was organised by – National Innovation Foundation
• He was awarded with the Reporters without Borders (RSF)-TV5 Monde prize in the journalist category - Hadi Abdullah
• India and UK signed two agreements in the field of - Intellectual property rights and the Ease of doing business
• He was appointed as the Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India in November 2016 - M Rajeshwar Rao
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.