9 January 2018: The one liner of 9 January covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like French Legion of Honour, India’s first supercomputer and the biannual Haj 2018 agreement among others.
• France would be conferring its highest order of merit, the 'Legion of Honour', on legendary film and theatre actor - Soumitra Chattopadhyay
• This World Champion powerlifter recently passed away in a road accident - Saksham Yadav
• This country is going to extend its state of emergency for the sixth time - Turkey
• The Supreme Court ordered a stay on this HC’s order that overturned the 2014 government regulation that packets of tobacco products must carry pictorial warning covering 85 per cent of the packaging space - Karnataka HC
• This supercomputer, nation’s first and fastest was inaugurated by Union Minister of Earth Sciences Harsh Vardhan on 8 January - Pratyush
• This state government has banned the use of electronic cigarettes - Bihar
• The output of this crop is expected to touch an all time high of 100 million tonnes in 2017-18 – wheat
• This state has topped the logistics index chart released by the Union Ministry for Commerce & Industry – Gujarat
• This nation sealed a 4-0 win in the ashes series by winning the final test by an innings and 123 runs - Australia
• British Prime Minister Theresa May has appointed this Minister as the new Northern Ireland minister after James Brokenshire resigned due to ill health – Karen Bradley
• This nation has warned the world of a possible withdrawal of the US from the 2015 nuclear deal – Iran
• India has signed the bilateral annual Haj 2018 Agreement with this nation - Saudi Arabia
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.