The August descriptive questions will put you in a proper prospective about yourself and your preparation for the examination. By answering these, you can have a better understanding about the questions which can be asked in the exams. These questions will further enhance your knowledge and will help you analyse things in a better way from different angle.
1. 5th India-China Strategic Dialogue was held in New Delhi on 20 August 2013. What was the outcome of the dialogue? What is the purpose of this dialogue? How far the India-China startegic dialogue has helped stablising India-China relations?
2. Write short notes on the following:
A) Malala Yousafzai B) Amitabh Bachchan C) Seamus Heaney
D) Yasin Bhatkal E) Robert Mugabe F) Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 2 August 2013 approved the creation of the Special National Investment Fund. What is the objective of the fund? Enlist the salient features of the fund.
4. Nouri al-Maliki, the Prime Minister of Republic of Iraq was on a state visit to India from 22 to 25 August 2013. How will this visit pave India’s way to fulfill its energy requirements? Discuss.
5. Thousands of people were killed in the toxic gas attack on 21 August 2013 on the eastern suburbs of Damascus, the capital of Syria. UN and the western nations have threatened Syria of actions in case the use of Chemical Weapons, if proved. Discuss, what is chemical warfare and chemical weapons treaty and
6. Do you agree that the US opposition to the ruling regime of Syria have economic motives or are they supporting the rebels on humanitarian grounds? Justify your answer with perfect examples.
7. The Lok Sabha on 29 August 2013 passed the Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, also called the Land Acquisition Bill. Discuss the pros and cons of Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011?
8. 30 August was declared as the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances by the UN General Assembly. What do you mean by Enforced Disappearance and what are the major concerns associated with this day?
9. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 29 August 2013 gave his assent to the Companies Bill 2013. How will the Companies Act 2013 replace the Companies Act 1956? What all new features have been included in the new Act?