Current Affairs Questions-Answers for August 2014-Descriptive Questions
In recent times descriptive questions related to current affairs with base in the subject matter is gaining prominence in the competitive exams.
In recent times descriptive questions related to current affairs with base in the subject matter is gaining prominence in the competitive exams. It is with this view Jagranjosh intend to provide few descriptive questions that covers the important events of the August 2014.
1. Write short notes on following (not more than 50 words)
a) Burra Katha
b) Falcon HTV-2
c) Chandayan village
d) Film Gandhi
e) IIEST Shibpur
h) Light Out Project
i) Yazidi Community
j) Aboriginal Martu
2. Recently Supreme Court issued notice to the Union Government over Leader of Opposition. In this context
(a) Evaluate the need for Leader of Opposition in the Parliamentary democracy
(b) Bring out the convention in India regarding Leader of Opposition
(c) Critically examine the government stand over not appointing a Leader of Opposition in coalition era.
3. No clear policy on allocation and pricing of natural resources like coal and spectrum is fountain head of recent history of corruption in India. Examine and suggest ways to allocate and price natural resources in India.
4. The crisis in Pakistan once again highlights the need for genuine democracy in India’s neighbourhood. In this light critically examine how the SAARC as a regional bloc is not able to transform itself into an economic powerhouse.
5. Write on following in not more than 100 words
a) National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill, 2014 compromises judicial independence.
b) The need to amend Juvenile Justice Act, 2000
c) Kasturirangan report vs Madhav Gadgil report on Western Ghats
d) US policy towards ISIS militant group in Iraq and Syria
e) Israel-Hamas ceasefire
6. Write on following in not more than 50 words
a) Digital India Programme
b) Jan Dhan Yojana
c) Varishth Pension Bima Yojana
e) INS Kamrota
f) INS Kolkata
g) Malin village
h) Avia Indira-2014
i) One Life is Not Enough
j) Manju Bhargava
7. What is Ebola? Discuss the spread of Ebola and how it has become a global health emergency? Bring out the steps that need to be taken to prevent Ebola from spreading? What steps does India have taken in this direction?
8. Evaluate the importance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi visit to Nepal. Also bring out the agreements signed between the two countries and how this will reshape the bilateral relations between the two countries?