Current Affairs Questions-Answers for December 2013-Descriptive Questions
Descriptive questions are the essence of any exam that intends to check the analytical and logical ability of the aspirants.
Descriptive questions are the essence of any exam that intends to check the analytical and logical ability of the aspirants. Now-a-days various competitive exams are increasingly asking descriptive questions with a base in current affairs. It is with this view we intend to provide few descriptive questions that covers the important events of the December 2013.
1. Recently at the 9th WTO Ministerial Conference held at Bali, Indonesia, member nations agreed to a revised Bali Package. In this context discuss Bali Package and how it addresses Indian concerns?
2. The passing of Lokpal and Lokaukta Bill, 2013 is a milestone in India and it is believed that it will help check rampant corruption in the administration. In this context, critically examine the salient features of the Lokpal Bill and how far it will go in checking corruption without systemic changes in the administration?
3. Nelson Mandela was a bridge that connected India and South Africa culturally, historically and contemporarily. Examine. Also discuss the contribution of Nelson Mandela to the global peace.
4. Write in 50 words for the following
a) First heart transplant in the world
c) Thalassaemia Kit developed by ICMR
d) New gas pricing formula recommended by Rangarajan Committee
e) UN Disability Convention
5. Discuss the main highlights of the Right of Persons with Disability Bill, 2011. Do you think the revised bill will go a long way in giving the disabled persons an equitable status in the society? Comment on the need to revise the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act of 1995.
6. What is AIDZ? Discuss the geo-politics behind AIDZ and whether the setting up of AIDZ will reconcile the issues between China and other Asian nations or will it give rise to another Cold War in the Asia-Pacific region?