Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of December 2014 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Discuss the provisions of following bill passed during Winter session of Parliament in brief
(i) Coal Mines (Special Provision) Bill, 2014
(ii) Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
(iii) Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014
(iv) Repealing and Amending (Second) Bill, 2014
(v) Goods and Services Tax Bill, 2014
2. President signed the National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill, 2014 on 31 December 2014. In this light critically analyse the need for a National Judicial Appointments Commission vis-à-vis corruption in higher judiciary. Also suggest other judicial reforms that is required to weed out the inefficiency in overall judicial system of the country
3. Examine the bilateral relations between India and Russia in light of changing geo-politics and changing priorities in the Indian Foreign Policy since the formation of new government at the centre in May 2014.
4. Write on following developments in not more than 50 words
(ii) NASA’s Gecko Grippers
(iii) STAP Technique
(iv) Rosetta Mission
(v) GSLV Mark – III-X
5. What is TMT Project and how it will enhance the understanding of universe? Bring out the participation of India to this project and how India will benefit from this?
6. Write on the following personalities in not more than 20 words
(i) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(ii) Cyclist Deobrah
(iii) Khurram Khan
(iv) Raghubar Das
(v) Ruhi Singh
(vi) Hashim Ansari
(vii) Haruko Obokata
(viii) Deepak Gupta
(ix) Vivek Hallegere Murhty
(x) Ashton Carter
7. “Ordinances have become the chief vehicle of the Union government to implement many pending reforms required in Indian polity, society and economy.” In this light critically examine the importance of ordinance in law-making process in Indian democracy citing recent examples.