Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of December 2015 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Javed Ahmad
(ii) Sumi Ghosh
(iii) Bjorn Isberg
(iv) Kane Williamson
(v) Reva Khetrapal
(vi) Steven Smith
(vii) RK Mathur
(viii) Virendra Singh
(ix) Vijay Kumar Choudhary
(x) Francois Hollande
(xi) Sadhana Shivdasani
2. Discuss on following in not more than 150 words
(i) India’s stand at Paris Climate Summit and how far India was successful?
(ii) “Paris Climate Summit is a roadmap for sustainable and livable earth.” Do you agree? Yes or No. Support your arguments highlighting credible points agreed during the summit.
3. Write on following in 100 words:
(i) Deepak Mohanty Committee on Financial Inclusion
(ii) Vijay Kelkar Committee on Revisiting & Revitalizing PPP Mode of Infrastructure Development
(iii) Federal Reserve increasing interest rate by 0.25% and its impact on Indian economy.
4. ‘The amendment of One Child Policy by China to give way to Two Child Policy is a step backward.” Examine.
5. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(ii) Raptor MoU for conservation of migratory birds
(iii) World Tsunami Awareness Day
(iv) Biosphere Reserve Inle Lake
(vii) PSLV C-29
(viii) DAMPE Satellite
(ix) National Biotechnology Development Strategy
6. Prime Ministers Narendra Modi’s visit to Russia, Afghanistan and Pakistan was a masterstroke in pacifying the boiling waters of traditional Indian Foreign Policy. Critically examine the statement.
7. “Unveiling of Odd-Even formula by Delhi Government will not result into meaning gain in goal towards reducing the quality of air in Delhi.” Discuss and bring out what other steps could be taken to reduce pollution in Delhi.
8. “Upholding of Haryana Panchayati Raj (Amendment) Act, 2015 by the Supreme Court means a large section of population has become ineligible to contest elections at grass root level.” Critically assess the statement in light of level of literacy in the state.
9. “Rajya Sabha passed the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 without taking any consideration of Constitutional and other valid issues involved.” Examine.
10. Briefly discuss the following in 200 words:
(i) Issue of Comfort Women
(ii) UN Human Development Report 2015 and India
(iii) UN brokered Libya Unity Accord
(iv) Nairobi Package and India
(v) The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.