Descriptive questions are essentially essay type questions that intends to check the analytical ability and subjective knowledge of the candidates. These questions are essential for any competitive exams where essay type questions are generally asked. In recent times descriptive questions related to current affairs with base in the subject matter is gaining prominence in the competitive exams. It is with this view we intend to provide few descriptive questions that covers the important events of the January 2014.
1. The recent decision of Pakistan government to disallow the trucks carrying goods from India to enter into Pakistan has once again highlighted the bitter relationship between India and Pakistan. In this context discuss the strategic implications of souring relationship between India and Pakistan for the South Asian region. Also discuss whether fostering and promoting people-to-people contact can reduce the tensions between India and Pakistan.
2. Bring out the main features of Non-Discriminatory Market Access (NDMA). Whether the agreement on NDMA between India and Pakistan can boost the bilateral trade between the two. Or Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status for India would have been more meaningful in boosting bilateral trade. Examine.
3. The approval of new Constitution by the National Constituent Assembly of Tunisia is historical for the whole Arab world. In this light, discuss the main features of the new Constitution approved by the Tunisian Assembly. How far this will go a long way addressing the concerns on which the Arab Spring of 2011 was based?
4. Discuss the main features of Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2013-14. In this light also examine the status of education in India and whether India with its recent emphasis on Right to Education will be able to achieve the 2000 Dakar Goals of Universal Education or not.
5. India seems to be becoming more controlled economy. Do you agree? Discuss the main highlights of the 2014 Index of Economic Freedom with respect to India and give suggestions to improve the economic climate of Indian economy.
6. Discuss the implications of Supreme Courts judgement on mercy pleas. Do you agree that it is a case of judicial activism or is it a case of judicial review? Discuss with citing examples from past Supreme Court judgements.