Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of January 2016 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Dinesh Sharma
(ii) Tsai Ing-wen
(iii) Guenter Butschek
(iv) Shivnarine Chanderpaul
(v) Johanna Konta
(vi) Datta Padsalgikar
(vii) Justice Sanjay Mishra
(viii) Aparna Kumar
(ix) Devender Kumar Sikri
(x) Marvin Minsky
2. Discuss on following in not more than 150 words
(i) Startup India Initiative and Startup India Action Plan
(ii) “Startup India Initiative will help in reaping demographic dividend of India.” Do you agree? Yes or No. Support your arguments with valid examples.
3. Write on following in 100 words:
(i) Easwar Committee on Income Tax Simplification
(ii) Narayan Murthy panel on Alternative Investment Policy
(iii) What is hybrid annuity model of highway development and how it will speed up completion of highway projects?
4. ‘The Supreme Court reasoning on making Aadhar compulsory is an impediment in achieving the targets of welfare schemes.” Examine the statement in light of observation made in World Development Report 2016.
5. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) Zika Virus
(ii) Himalayan Forest Thrush
(iii) IRNSS 1-E
(iv) Spaceward Bound Programme
(v) Intelsat 29 E
(vi) Planetary Defense Coordination Office
(vii) Jason 3 Ocean Monitoring Satellite
(viii) Galacto-Seismic Method to hunt Dark Matter
6. The visit of President of France Francois Hollande to India on the eve of Republic Day celebrations will further India’s goal of strategic autonomy.” In this light discuss
(i) What is strategic autonomy?
(ii) Why it is important for India?
(iii) How strengthening of bilateral relations between two republics will help India achieve strategic autonomy?
7. “India directly shifting to BS-VI Emission norms will entail a huge cost on industries and will not result in any meaningful reduction in air pollution.” Critically examine the statement.
8. Briefly discuss the following in 200 words:
(i) Ganga Gram Yojana
(ii) River Information System and Inland river navigation
(iii) Neeranchal National Watershed Project
(iv) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
(v) Sahaj Scheme
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.