In recent times descriptive questions related to current affairs with base in the subject matter is gaining prominence in the competitive exams. It is with this view Jagranjosh intend to provide few descriptive questions that covers the important events of the June 2014.
1. Write on following in not more than 200 words
(i) Narendra Modi led government’s foreign policy
(ii) Prime Minister’s Office and its increasing importance
(iii) Quasi-presidential form of governance
(iv) Energy security of India and Iraq conflict
(v) Increasing environment related crime and sustainable development
2. Recently Shome Panel on Tax Administration submitted its report to the Union Ministry of Finance. Bring out its recommendation in detail and critically analyse how far these recommendations will go in addressing the tax administration in India and increase tax revenue.
3. Power distribution is the weakest link in the overall power sector reforms in India that is needed to achieve the goal of Electricity for All. In this context
(i) Discuss the basis for power sector reforms in India
(ii) Elucidate the achievements and challenges of power sector reforms in India
4. Telangana became the 29th State of India. In this context
(i) Highlight the main provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act.
(ii) Trace the Telangana movement
(iii) Critically analyse the need for Second State Reorganisation Commission
5. Write on following in not more than 50 words
(i) Mayaram Panel on FDI/FPI
(ii) Mobile Seva
(iii) Project MAUSAM
(iv) Kedar Nath Singh
(v) Akhouri Sinha
(vi) Shahrukh Khan
(vii) myCopter Project
(viii) Sudarshan Pattnaik
(ix) Sanjaya Rajaram
(x) Jitu Rai
6. Bring out the main features of World Investment Report 2014 and analyse the position of India as an attractive destination for FDI in the world. Also, suggest measures to boost India as an attractive destination for FDI.
7. Write on following developments in not more than 100 words
(i) World’s largest water reservoir
(ii) Biochip to test blood sugar through saliva
(iii) PSLV C23
(iv) Sensing Skin Technology
8. Bring out the main outcome of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Bhutan. How far is this statement correct that Bhutan is a “natural friend” of India? Elucidate your answer with suitable examples.
9. India recently ratified Additional Protocol of International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA). In this context critically analyse the significance of this ratification and how far, in your view, will this ratification go in ensuring energy security for India.
10. Write on following in not more than 50 words
(ii) Greater Mekong region
(iii) Marine Protected Area
(iv) Great Himalayan National Park
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.