Question-Answers for March 2013 are prepared in a way that it will help Aspirants of IAS|PCS, SSC, Banking as well as other exams in their preparation. In-depth knowledge of facts and figures is always required for cracking these exams. Intensive study as well as extensive study should be done by the students for achiveing success in exams.
1. India and Liechtenstein signed the Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) on 28 March 2013 at Bern, Switzerland. Enlist the main features of TIEA. What is the significance of India-Liechtenstein TIEA?
2. 5th BRICS summit was held in Durban, South Africa. What was the theme of the Summit? What were the major recommendations of the summit? What is the significance of the BRICS summit?
3. The Union government in March 2013 decided to introduce national policy on drug abuse. Which ministry took this decision in this regard? Enlist the main features of the committee which was formed by the ministry to study nation-wide scenario of drug substance abuse.
4. The Production of eight core sector industries decreased by 2.5 percent in the month of February 2013. What was the reason behind that decline? What was the performance of core sector industries in January 2013? Name the eight core sector industries. Describe the performance in February sector-wise.
5. Write short notes on the following:
a) Unknown huge radio galaxy
b) NASA’s Swift Satellite
c) Japan becoming first country to extract natural gas from Methane Hydrate
d) Bhabha Atomic centre developing largest magnet of the world
e) First Smartphone launched into Space Successfully
f)President of Egypt Mohamed Morsy on India Visit
g) Rajan Bharti Mittal
h) Eighth India-Yemen Joint Committee Meeting
6. One-horned Great Indian Rhinoceros population increased in Kaziranga despite Poaching according to the recent census which ended on 26 March 2013. What do you mean by poaching? Where is Kaziranga National Park located? What is the purpose of the census? How it is done?
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.