Current Affairs Questions-Answers for May 2013–Descriptive Questions
The Question-Answers for May 2013 are prepared with an aim of satisfying the requirements of Aspirants of IAS|PCS, SSC, Banking...
The Question-Answers for May 2013 are prepared with an aim of satisfying the requirements of Aspirants of IAS|PCS, SSC, Banking as well as other exam in their preparation. Sound knowledge of facts and figures is always needed for cracking these exams. Intensive study as well as extensive study should be done by the students for clearing all types of competitive exams.
1. President Robert Mugabe on 22 May 2013 signed Zimbabwe's new constitution into law. Discuss the present scenario in Zimbabwe. Do you agree that the new constitution could improve the political situation there?
2. The Second US-India Homeland Security Dialogue was held in Washington. Critically describe and discuss the features of security dialogue.
3. The Election Commission of India and the National Literacy Mission Authority on 21 May 2013 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Electoral Literacy. In what way electoral literacy can strengthen democracy in India? Discuss.
4. The government on 17 May 2013 cut the import tariff value of gold and silver to 466 US dollars per ten grams and 761US dollars per kg, respectively. Enlist the reasons behind the government decision. How it affects the economy?
5. Write brief notes on the following:
a) 3D Gesture Sensing Technology
b) Carbon Aerogel
c) GSLV D5
d) First Cloned Human Embryo
e) Chinua Achebe
f) Yuichiro Miura
g) Pratibha Ray
h) Lydia Davis
6. The Zoological Society of London in the month of May 2013 revealed that Indian dolphins as well as the wild elephants were among recent top 100 mammals facing the risks of extinction. Describe the status of dolphins and Elephants in the report. Suggest measures to save them from extinction.
7. The government on 13 May 2013 approved new guidelines for the Indira Awas Yojna Scheme for rural poor. What are the new guidelines? How it will benefit the poor?