In recent times descriptive questions related to current affairs with base in the subject matter is gaining prominence in the competitive exams. It is with this view Jagranjosh intend to provide few descriptive questions that covers the important events of the November 2014.
1. Answer the following in not more than 50 words
(i) Koala diplomacy
(iii) Operation Neptune Spear
(iv) Cash Management Bills
(vi) 45th IFFI
(vii) National Milk Day
(viii) Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
(ix) Putoutyourbats Campaign
2. Climate Change is reality with strategic and economic implications. In this context analyse the risks highlighted in IPCC Synthesis Report on Climate Change released in December 2014. Also discuss the steps taken by India so far to mitigate the risks of climate change.
3. 18th SAARC Summit marked the 30 years of SAARC. In this context critically analyse the achievements and failures of SAARC as a regional economic bloc and suggest ways to make it as a formidable and effective regional bloc.
4. Answer the following in not more than 200 words
(i) Brisbane Action Plan and Global economy
(ii) Kathmandu Declaration and India emergence as a leader in South Asia
(iii) Will US-China pact on Climate Change pave the way for restricting the temperatures levels to 2 degree Celsius? Analyse.
(iv) ASEAN Summit and the larger goal of One Asia
(v) India’s foreign policy has become more oriented towards regional diplomacy. Do you agree? Discuss with recent examples
5. Adoption of WTO’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) is the biggest breakthrough in WTO’s 20-year history that will pave the way for a freer world and more prosperity for the world. In this context briefly discuss the WTO’s Trade Facilitation Agreement and critically analyse it.
6. Examine India’s stand on Food Security and how it will shape the global trade.
7. Answer about the following personality in not more than 20 words
(i) Manmohan Singh
(ii) Mohinder Singh Pujji
(iii) Father Chavara Achen
(iv) Robert O’Neill
(v) Neel Mukherjee
(vi) Mitch McConnell
(vii) Keith Vaz
(viii) Neha Gupta
(ix) Niraj Antani
(x) Aditi Hardikar
8. Briefly discuss about the following reports in not more than 100 words
(i) Global Slavery Index 2014
(ii) Global terrorism Index 2014
(iii) Turn Down the Heat
(iv) Economic Outlook 2014
(v) Women and Men in India Report 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.