Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of October 2015 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Bidhya Devi Bhandari
(ii) Marlon James
(iii) Jimmy Morales
(iv) Saina Nehwal
(v) Shekhar Basu
(vi) Paul Ryan
(vii) Syed Zahoor Qasim
(viii) Lord Gulam Noon
(ix) Angus Deaton
(x) Robert Mugabe
2. Discuss on following in not more than 50 words
(i) Calculation of International Poverty Line and Poverty rates worldwide.
(ii) Poverty Rate in India on the basis of International Poverty Line of 1.90 dollar per day and the suggested recall period for the estimation of poverty.
3. Calculation of International Poverty Line on Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) does not cover other essential items forming the consumption basket world’s most underdeveloped countries. Do you agree? What is the alternative? How far is it realistic?
4. Write on following in 200 words:
(i) Draft National Policy on Capital Goods
(ii) Draft Nation Civil Aviation Policy
(iii) RBI Guidelines on Gold Monetisation Scheme
5. The third India-Africa Summit held in New Delhi promises strategic and economic gains for India. Critically examine the statement in light of bilateral relations between India and African countries and India vis-à-vis China.
6. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet
(ii) Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2015
(iii) Neutro Oscillations and Physics Nobel Prize 2015
(iv) Medicine Nobel Prize 2015
(v) Giant Tortoise named Chelonoidis donfaustoi
(vi) Science Express Climate Action Special train
(viii) Musa Indandamanensis
(ix) mobile app ASCmeI.T
(x) Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals
7. What is the meaning and constitutional status of Right to Privacy? Do you think in the changing landscape of technology world does this right need a re-look in Indian context? Explain your answers with suitable Supreme Court judgments on Right to Privacy.
8. “In the Doing Business 2016 report, India jumped 12 places by undertaking significant improvements in the regulatory framework for starting new businesses.” Analyse the performance of Indian economy in context of reforms undertaken by NDA government in last one year.
9. Discuss the following in not more than 125 words:
(i) Salient features of Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) submitted by India
(ii) Main highlights of the Global Tuberculosis report 2015
(iii) Moscow Declaration and BRICS Action Plan 2015-18
(iv) World Bank report on Arab Spring Revolution
(v) Operation Trident Juncture
(vi) Upamanyu Hazarika Commission
10. A study of the United Nations observed that “Indian women are facing inequality at all stages of life cycle-from birth to old age-and in all places whether at home or in larger society.” In this light
(i) Bring out the main highlights of the report The World’s Women 2015: Trends and Statistics with respect to India.
(ii) Critically analyse the observation in light of present status of gender equality in India.