Part-I of Current Affairs Quiz of December 2014 provided by JagranJosh.com will enable readers and aspirants to have more hassle-free access to the latest developments in current affairs which are important for various exams.
1. Who was recently awarded with the Asian of the Year 2014 by The Straits Times?
a) Chinese President Xi Jinping
b) Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
c) Myanmar President Thein Sein
d) Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
2. The first Adaptation Gap Report on Climate Change was recently released by
a) World Bank
b) United Nations Development Organisation
c) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
d) United Nations Environment Programme
3. Recently American geologists discovered the most abundant mineral on earth's lower mantle known as
4. Name the places that will be connected by the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor which was inaugurated by Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on 29 November 2014
a) Lahore in Pakistan and Xinjiang in China
b) Gwadar Port in Pakistan and Xinjiang in China
c) Xinjiang in China and Gilgit in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
d) Lahore in Pakistan with Shanghai in China
5. Who on 30 November 2014 won the 2014 presidential elections of Uruguay?
a) Jose Mujica
b) Luis Lacalle Pou
c) Tabare Ramon Vazquez Rosas
d) Juan Pedro Bordaberry Herran
6. State Government of Gujarat on 5 December 2014 declared 353 villages of a district as completely or partially scarcity affected. Name the district?
7. Indian Navy in the first week of December 2014 selected a company to fulfill the service’s Multi-Role Helicopter requirement for anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare among other maritime roles. Name the company.
c) Sikorsky Aircraft Corp
8. Mahaparinirwan Diwas was observed across India on 6 December 2014. The day is observed to pay tribute to whom of the following?
a) Lord Buddha
b) Dr BR Ambedkar
c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
d) Rajendra Prasad
9. Union Government on 5 December 2014 sent five Indian Air Force (IAF) transport aircraft and one naval vessel carrying a large consignment of potable water to a country which was facing a national water crisis. Name the country?
10. A State Government on 5 December 2014 decided to ban health camps without prior approval of district civil surgeons. Name the state that banned health camps?
11. Air India on 4 December 2014 signed an MoU for implementation of the monetisation of assets of Air India at various locations on joint venture basis with
a) National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited
b) Tata Realty and Infrastructure Ltd
c) Star Alliance
12. Justice V. R. Iyer died on 4 December 2014 at the age of 100. Which of the following statement is/are true in context of this personality?
I. He was born in 1914 at Vaidyanathapuram near Palakkad, in Malabar region of Kerala in a Tamil Brahmin family
II. He is the last but one Supreme Court judge who have previously served as a politician
III. He served as the Home Minister in the first Communist Ministry in Kerala.
IV. He never served as a Law Commission Chairman
a) Only Statement I is only true
b) Only Statement IV is only true
c) Only Statement I, II and III are true
d) All four statements are true
13. Raninder Singh an accomplished international level trap shooter was in news in December 2014 for
a) Becoming the first Indian to get elected as a member of the executive committee of ISSF
b) Being elected as the President of Sports Authority of India
c) Becoming the first Indian to get elected to the executive committee of International Olympics Committee.
d) Being elected as the President of Badminton Association of India
14. Infosys on 4 December 2014 appointed a Stanford Professor as an Independent member on its Board of Directors (BoD). Name him?
a) Ashton Carter
b) John W. Etchemendy
c) John L Hennessy
d) Condoleezza Rice
15. Indian Oil on 4 December 2014 won the 119th Beighton Cup after defeating Punjab National Bank in tie-breaker at the SAI Eastern Centre in Kolkata. Beighton Cup is associated with which game?
a) Kho Kho
16. Deodhar Trophy of cricket for the season 2014-15 was won by?
a) East Zone
b) West Zone
c) South Zone
d) North Zone
17. Supreme Court constituted a Social Justice Bench, comprising of two judges for delivery of speedy justice in a range of social issues. The bench will be headed by?
a) Justice T.S. Thakur
b) Justice Madan B Lokur
c) Justice U U Lalit
d) Justice Anil R. Dave
18. Name the author of the book titled Prince of Gujarat: The Extraordinary Story of Prince Gopaldas Desai (1887-1951)?
a) Rajmohan Gandhi
b) Sundarajan Padmanabhan
c) Madhav Khosla
d) Rajdeep Sardesai
19. Name the head of the 15-member Committee that was formed by State Government of Meghalaya on 3 December 2014 to speed up the process of getting Khasi included in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India?
a) R C Laloo
b) Rowell Lyngdoh
c) Prestone Tynsong
d) Deborah C Marak
20. Name the person who was recently appointed as the new Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
a) Acharya Shivpoojan Sahay
b) Ranjit Sinha
c) Anil Kumar Sinha
d) Sharad Kumar
21. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 December 2014 approved Regional Rural Banks (Amendment) Bill, 2013. The Bill seeks to amend the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) Act passed in?
22. Recently, second-generation asteroid explorer Hayabusa 2 was launched by which country?
a) The US
d) United Kingdom
23. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) on 3 December 2014 issued Press Note 10 of 2014 series to relax FDI norms for which sector of Indian economy?
d) Construction development
24. Navy Day was observed on 4 December 2014. It is observed to commemorate?
a) The success of India over Pakistan in 1971 war
b) The participation of Royal Indian Navy in World War-II
c) The success of Operation Trident of Indian Navy in 1971
d) The establishment day of Royal Indian Navy in 1945
25. RBI on 4 December 2014 notified norms to set up Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS). The TReDS will facilitate the financing of bills of which sector of Indian economy?
a) MSME sector
b) Khadi and Rural sector
c) Agriculture sector
d) All of the above
26. Researchers led by Professor Gene K Beare developed World’s fastest 2D camera at the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, Washington University. Which new technique is used in this 2D camera?
a) Compressed ultrafast photography
b) Compressed imaging photography
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of these
27. The US President Barack Obama on 5 December 2014 nominated the next defence secretary of US. Name the personality
a) Ashton Carter
b) Chuck Hagel
c) James V Forrestal
d) Robert M Gates
28. Recently, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) relaxed FDI norms for the construction development sector. In this context consider the following statements.
I. 100 percent of FDI is allowed through the automatic route
II. The minimum floor area requirement IS 20000 square metres in construction development projects.
Which is/are correct?
a) I only
b) II only
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
29. Recently, International Criminal Court withdrew the charges of crimes against humanity against the President of a country of African continent. Name the country
d) South Sudan
30. United Nations Food and Agricultural Organisation observed the World’s First Soil Day on which date of the year 2014?
a) 1 December
b) 30 November
c) 4 December
d) 5 December
1)-d; 2)-d; 3)-d; 4)-b; 5)-c; 6)-b; 7)-c
8)-b; 9)-b; 10)-a; 11)-a; 12)-c; 13)-a; 14)-b
15)-b; 16)-a; 17)-b; 18)-a; 19)-a; 20)-c; 21)-b
22)-b; 23)-d; 24)-c; 25)-a; 26)-a; 27)-a; 28)-c
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.