Part-II of Current Affairs Quiz of December 2014 provided by JagranJosh.com will help the readers, students and aspirants of competitive exams in enhancing their understanding of the latest developments in current affairs and also aid them in revising it effectively and conveniently.
1. The Union Cabinet on 10 December 2014 gave its approval for creation of five posts of Additional Solicitors General (ASG), one each for the High Courts of certain states. Which of the below is not a part for it?
a) Punjab & Haryana, Patna, Jharkhand,
b) Karnataka, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu
c) Punjab & Haryana, Patna and Gujarat
d) Karnataka and Jharkhand
2. Ebola fighters were collectively named as the TIME’s Person of the Year 2014. Who of the following was named as the TIME’s Person of Year 2013?
a) Mark Zuckerberg
b) The Protester
c) Pope Francis
d) Barack Obama
3. Nine new species of bush frogs were discovered recently in the Western Ghats by scientists from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. These bush frogs belong to the family of
d) None of the above
4. Recently on 8 December 2014, World Economic Forum (WEF) released The 2013 Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index. What is the rank of India in the index?
5. Name the Indian bank that on 9 December 2014 launched two indices named Monthly Composite Index and Yearly Composite Index to track monthly and yearly economic trends.
a) Axis Bank
d) State Bank of India
6. The World Trade Organisation (WTO) on 9 December 2014 ruled against a country’s decision to impose high duty on imports of certain steel products from India. Name the country against which the verdict was given?
c) United States
7. German Chancellor Angela Merkel was re-elected unopposed as head of a party on 9 December 2014. Name the party?
a) Christian Social Union of Bavaria
b) German People's Party
c) Conservative Christian Democrats
d) People's National Reich Association
8. Four European nations, namely Germany, France, Luxembourg and Belgium on 6 December 2014 decided to suspend marketing authorisations for 25 drugs of a pharmaceutical company from India. Name the company
b) GVK Biosciences
d) Merck & Co.
9. Name the web-based taxi service company that was recently banned from providing services in the national capital?
c) Taxi for Sure
10. Hockey Olympian Grihanandan Singh alias Nandy Singh died on 7 December 2014 in New Delhi. He was a part of the National Hockey team that won the Olympic Gold in which years?
a) 1932 and 1936
b) 1944 and 1948
c) 1948 and 1952
d) 1952 and 1956
11. The United States (US) and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) recently ended their combat mission in Afghanistan. The combat mission formally came to end on
a) 8 December 2014
b) 10 December 2014
c) 12 December 2014
d) 11 December 2014
12. Delhi Court on 8 December 2014 convicted three Anandmargis and an advocate for the charges of murder and criminal conspiracy for killing a former Railway Minister. Name the leader?
a) Lalit Narayan Mishra
b) Beant Singh
c) Gopinath Munde
d) None of the above
13. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on 5 December 2014 approved the proposed 4 billion dollars merger of Ranbaxy with which pharmaceutical company ?
a) Abbott Laboratories
b) Sun Pharmaceutical
14. Nedanuri Krishnamurthy who died on 8 December 2014 in Visakhapatnam was?
a) Carnatic vocalist
b) Politician in Andhra Pradesh
15. Indian Blind Cricket team on 7 December 2014 won the 2014 Blind Cricket World Cup (BCWC) by defeating
b) South Africa
d) New Zealand
16. The International Cricket Council (ICC) on 7 December 2014 suspended an off-spinner from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect for illegal bowling action. Name him?
a) Sachitra Senanayake
b) Mohammad Hafeez
c) Saeed Ajmal
d) Marlon Samuels
17. China on 7 December 2014 rejected the UN arbitration to resolve the South China Sea maritime dispute with its neighbors. The UN mediation to resolve the dispute was demanded from which country?
18. India on 7 December 2014 set the Guinness Record for largest human formation of a national flag in the world. The previous record was held by?
b) United States
19. Name the NASA’s spacecraft mission that came out of hibernation on 6 December 2014 for its long-awaited 2015 encounter with the Pluto system?
d) New Horizons
20. Which Indian Company on 8 December 2014 commissioned the Nyaborongo Hydro Electric Project in Rwanda?
a) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
b) Coastal Projects Limited
c) Tata Hydroelectric Power Supply Company
d) Jaiprakash Power Ventures Limited
21. Which organisation on 9 December 2014 translated the Indian Constitution into Arabic language?
a) International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
b) National Democratic Institute
c) Institute for Democracy and Cooperation
d) Institute for Democratic Education in America
22. The Union Government recently divested its 5 percent stake in which company?
a) Oil And Natural Gas Corporation
b) Coal India Limited
c) Steel Authority of India Limited
d) National Thermal Power Corporation
23. Which organisation on 10 December 2014 banned the sale of 80 generic drugs produced in India on the grounds that their clinical trials were insufficient?
a) Central Drugs Standard Control Organization
b) Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
c) International Generic Drug Regulators
d) Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices
24. Name the person who died recently and had developed the Brown Box console video game system
a) Michel Ancel
b) Ed Averett
c) Ralph Henry Baer
d) Richard Bartle
25. Consider the following statements in reference to Amendments to Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill 2008 that was recently approved by a Parliamentary Standing Committee.
I. The bill allows a composite cap of 49 percent on foreign direct investment in insurance.
II. The bill aims to dissolve the defaulting insurance companies.
III. The bill allows insurer to challenge life insurance policy for any reasons.
Which statement is/are correct?
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I Only
d) III Only
26. Consider the following statements in context of Web Index 2014 that was released on 10 December 2014.
I. The Web Index measures the internet's contribution to social, economic and political progress in the world.
II. India ranks at the 48th with 48.6 score in the index.
Which is the correct statement(s)?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I & II
d) Neither I nor II
27. Who won the Confucius Peace Prize 2014 recently which is also considered as Chinese Nobel Prize?
a) Yi Cheng
b) Malala Yousafzai
c) Vladimir Putin
d) Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz
28. Who on 11 December 2014 succeeded Anthony Banbury as the head of UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response?
a) Marat Aldangorovich Sarsembaev
b) Boutros Boutros-Ghali
c) Javier Perez de Cuellar
d) Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed
29. The 2013 Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index was released on 8 December 2014 by World Economic Forum (WEF) under which theme?
a) Reducing Barriers to Economic Growth and Job Creation
b) Environmental sustainability
c) Safety and security
d) Health and hygiene
30. Which Indian cricket commentator was recently appointed by Tourism Australia as brand ambassador?
a) Harsha Bhogle
b) Ravi Shastri
c) Sunil Gavaskar
d) Saurav Ganguly
1)-b; 2)-c; 3)-b; 4)-b; 5)-d; 6)-c; 7)-c
8)-b; 9)-a; 10)-c; 11)-a; 12)-a; 13)-b; 14)-a
15)-a; 16)-b; 17)-c; 18)-a; 19)-d; 20)-a; 21)-a
22)-c; 23)-d; 24)-c; 25)-c; 26)-a; 27)-d; 28)-d
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.