Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Human Rights Day, TV launched to educate on digital payment, and 28th State Information Ministers Conference among others.
1. What was the theme of the Human Rights Day that was observed on 10 December 2016?
a) Our Rights, Our Freedoms, Always
b) Every day is Human Rights Day
c) My Voice Counts
d) Stand up for someone’s rights today
2. Name the free-to-air channel that was launched by Union IT Minister Ravishankar Prasad to educate people about digital payment.
a) Digishala Tv
b) Pathshala Tv
c) Digi TV
d) None of the above
3. Name the island of Andaman Nicobar Islands from where more than 1200 tourists were evacuated after the improvement in the weather condition.
a) Tinmaittivu Island
b) Cinque Island and Saddle peak
c) Neil and Havelock Islands
d) Ross and Viper Islands
4. The inaugural session of 28th State Information Ministers Conference, SIMCON 2016 was held in
b) New Delhi
5. Name the country with which India on 9 December 2016 signed a civil nuclear cooperation agreement.
b) South Korea
6. The Committee on digital payments today submitted its final report to the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi. Name the chairman of this committee.
a) Ratan P Watal
b) Amitabh Kant
c) SS Mudra
d) KS Valdiya
7. Name the Lok Sabha member who was suspended from the house for the rest of the 2016 Winter Session of the Parliament. He was suspended due to the Parliament video incident.
a) Sushmita Dev
b) BN Chandrappa
c) Bhagwant Mann
d) Abhijit Mukherjee
8. Name the President of the National Assembly of Vietnam who was on an official visit to India in December 2016.
a) Truong Nhu Tang
b) Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan
c) Phạm Bình Minh
d) Nguyen Thị Doan
9. Name the country who’s Supreme Court summoned its Prime Minister and Speaker and asked them to furnish written clarification on the Constitution amendment bill?
c) Sri Lanka
10. The UNGA demanded an immediate ceasefire in Syria. Name the country that has drafted the resolution.
b) United States
11. High Court of the state has struck down the Special Backward Classes reservation given to Gujjars and five other communities of the state. Name the state.
b) Uttar Pradesh
12. Name the state that has decided to introduce new policy for providing permissions through online for high-rise buildings and layouts
c) Andhra Pradesh
13. RBI has directed all Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) to upload the Know Your Customer (KYC) data pertaining to new individual accounts with Central KYC Records Registry which were opened on or after
a) 1 January 2016
b) 1 April 2016
c) 9 November 2016
d) None of the above
14. Name the city where the India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business was jointly inaugurated in December 2016.
d) New Delhi
15. Name the country whose capsule blasted off with much-needed supplies for the International Space Station, a week after a Russian shipment was destroyed shortly after liftoff.
c) The US
1. (d) Stand up for someone’s rights today
2. (a) Digishala Tv
3. (c) Neil and Havelock Islands
4. (b) New Delhi
5. (a) Vietnam
6. (a) Ratan P Watal
7. (c) Bhagwant Mann
8. (b) Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan
10. (a) Canada
11. (d) Rajasthan
12. (c) Andhra Pradesh
13.(a) 1 January 2016
14. (d) New Delhi
15. (a) Japan