Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like National Deworming Day, railway track to connect Kolkata with Tripura via Bangladesh and Cyber Security National Action Plan among others.
1. Name the chewable tablet that was provided to children during the first National Deworming Day in schools and preschools (anganwadis).
d) Cuprum oxydatum nigrum
2. Union Government in February 2016 sanctioned about 580 crore rupees as part of the cost for constructing the 15-km railway track that will connect Kolkata with Tripura via Bangladesh. The link will pass through which city of Bangladesh?
3. By what percentage the milk production in India increased in the year 2014-15?
4. With which state did Union Railway Ministry signed MoU for formation of Joint Venture Companies for development of railway infrastructure in the state on 9 February 2016?
a) Madhya Pradesh
5. Name the country that on 9 February 2016 passed a proposal to amend the Constitution to strip people convicted of terrorist offences of their nationality.
b) United States of America
6. President Barack Obama on 9 February 2016 unveiled a Cyber Security National Action Plan on the eve of
a) Safer Internet Day
b) Day for awareness on cyber security
c) Better Internet Day
d) None of the above
7. Report of the Working Group on Introduction of Interest Rate Options in India that was released in February 2016 was prepared by RBI committee chaired by
a) Deepak Mohanty
b) Umesh Bellur
c) PG Apte
d) Sumit Bose
8. What is the name of the plan that sought to regulate emissions of carbon dioxide from US power plants but was stalled by the US Supreme Court on 8 February 2016?
a) Clean Power Plants
b) Clean Power Plan
c) Green Power Plants
d) Green Power Plan
9. Name the state that in February 2016 announced to construct a centre for showcasing the state’s diverse and rich culture.
a) Arunachal Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
10. The 9th Indo-Nepal military exercise ‘Surya Kiran 2016’ is being held in which of the following location?
11. Identify the agency with which Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) of India signed grant agreement for India Aviation Safety Technical Assistance Phase II.
12. The Noor Ouarzazate Solar Complex, world’s largest solar power plant, was opened in February 2016. The complex is located in which country?
13. United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon on 9 February 2016 launched a report, which calls for a new agenda for the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit. What is the name of the report?
a) One Humanity: One Love
b) One Humanity: Shared Responsibility
c) One Love: One Humanity
d) Shared Responsibility: One Humanity
14. Who on 8 February 2016 was appointed the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court?
a) Justice Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani
b) Justice C. K. Thakker
c) Justice Anil R. Dave
d) Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela
15. The Hindu Marriage Bill 2015 was passed on 8 February 2016 by the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Law and Justice of which country?
d) Sri Lanka
1-(b) 6-(a) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(c) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(b) 13-(b)
4-(b) 9-(d) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.