Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like India’s sixth navigation satellite IRNSS-1F, Chhattisgarh State Budget 2016-17 and the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016 among others.
1. Name the rocket that on 10 March 2016 carried India’s sixth navigation satellite IRNSS-1F.
c) PSLV C-31
d) PSLV C-32
2. Identify the eight time Grammy Award-winning Brazilian percussionist. He died on 9 March 2016 in Recife, Brazil.
a) George Martin
b) Brian Epstein
c) Ringo Starr
d) Nana Vasconcelos
3. The Allahabad High Court (HC) on 9 March 2016 asked the Uttar Pradesh (UP) to immediately stop illegal mining in reserved forest areas of which district?
a) Lakhimpur Kheri
4. Lok Sabha on 9 March 2016 passed the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016 that seeks to amend Enemy Property Act of
5. The first-ever all girls National Cadet Corps (NCC) Mount Everest expedition was flagged off on 9 March 2016 comprised of how many girl cadets?
6. Seven pillars of development were announced by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on 9 March 2016 while presenting the Annual State Budget 2016-17 in the legislative assembly. Which of the following is not the part of the seven pillars which was announced?
7. Indian Army’s cycling event for nature was flagged off from Pangsau Pass on the Indo-Myanmar border on 8 March 2016. During the World War-II the pass was nicknamed as?
a) Sliding Pass
b) Tanga Pass
c) Hell Pass
d) Myitkyina Pass
8. India on 9 March 2016 extended 2 billion US dollar Line of Credit (LOC) to which country for implementing socio-economic development projects?
b) Sri Lanka
9. Indo Rama Renewables Jath Limited (IRRJL), which owns a 30 MW wind farm in Maharashtra, was acquired on 9 March 2016 by which company?
a) Suzlon Energy
b) Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited
c) Wescare India Ltd
d) Vestas India
10. Which pharmaceutical company on 9 March 2016 announced the completion of the acquisition of privately held US-based GAVIS Pharmaceuticals LLC and Novel Laboratories (GAVIS)?
a) Cadila Healthcare
b) GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
d) Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
11. Which of the following in March 2016 became the first to receive Small Finance Bank license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
a) Capital Local Area Bank Ltd
b) Coastal Local Area Bank Ltd
c) Krishna Bhima Samruddhi Local Area Bank Ltd
d) Subhadra Local Area Bank Ltd
12. Identify the Indian industrialist who in March 2016 was conferred with France’s Knight of the Legion of Honour.
a) Mukesh Ambani
b) Anand Mahindra
c) Azim Premji
d) Narayana Murthy
13. Which bank in March 2016 launched the iWork@Home programme for its women employees?
a) ICICI Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) Andhra Bank
d) HDFC Bank
14. George Henry Martin who died on 9 March 2016 was the producer of which famous musical band?
a) Led Zeppelin
d) The Beatles
15. Which of the following UN Agencies on 8 March 2016 jointly launched the Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage?
a) UNFPA & WHO
b) WHO & FAO
c) FAO & UNFPA
d) UNFPA & UNICEF
1-(d) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(d) 7-(c) 12-(b)
3-(b) 8-(a) 13-(a)
4-(a) 9-(b) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.