Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Migratory Bird Day, release of commemorative & circulation coin and initiatives for conservation of River Ganga among others.
1. What was the theme of the World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) that was observed on 10 May 2016?
a) Energy – make it bird-friendly!
b) Destination Flyways: Migratory Birds and Tourism
c) Stop the Illegal Killing, Taking and Trade of Migratory Birds
d) Protect us, instead of killing: Migratory birds
2. The Union Government on 9 May 2016 released a commemorative coin of hundred rupees and a circulation coin of ten rupees for whom of the following?
a) Bhim Rao Ambedkar
b) Maharana Pratap
c) Swami Chinmayananda
d) Tatya Tope
3. Identify the Indian scientist who won a grant of SGD 3 million by Singapore’s National Research Foundation to pursue research in the field of congenital and adult cardiovascular diseases.
a) Manikanandan Jha
b) Manvendra K Singh
c) Savita P Kumari
d) Atmatosh Kumar
4. President Obama on 9 May 2016 signed a National Legacy Act into law officially making an animal as country’s first national mammal. Name the mammal.
a) American Bald Eagle
b) Pallid Harrier
d) American Bison
5. Union Ministry for Water Resources on 9 May 2016 launched nine projects for rural sanitation initiatives for conservation of River Ganga in Sahibganj of which state?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
6. Which Union Ministry on 9 May 2016 launched a web-based application on Integrated Waste Management System?
c) Rural Development
d) Urban Development
7. Lok Sabha on 9 May 2016 passed the Anti-Hijacking Bill, 2014 that seeks to repeal The Anti-Hijacking Act of
8. Who on 9 May 2016 was appointed as Additional Solicitor General in Supreme Court?
a) L. Nageswara Rao
b) Satya Pal Jain
d) Atma Ram Nadkarni
9. Name the famous American actor best known for his work as Martin Lane on the hit series The Patty Duke Show who died on 8 May 2016.
a) Martin Lane
b) Sydney Chaplin
c) William Schallert
d) Justin Matthews
10. For which companies did the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion under Commerce & Industry Ministry relaxed foreign direct investment (FDI) norms on 6 May 2016?
a) Limited Liability Partnerships
b) Asset Reconstruction Companies
c) Unlimited Companies
d) Private Limited Companies
11. Identify the epidemic that needs an urgent action to end it within the next five years, as per the new report released by United Nations on 6 May 2016
a) Yellow fever
d) None of these
12. Identify the sector in which the RBI released its draft guidelines to tap the licensing of Universal Banks on 6 May 2016.
a) Public Sector
b) Primary Sector
c) Industrial Sector
d) Private Sector
13. Identify the issue on which RBI released a consultation paper on 28 April 2016?
a) Peer to Peer Lending
b) Financial encroachment
c) Financial deficient
d) None of these
14. Which company announced the launch of its free high-speed public WiFi service at railway stations of Ujjain, Jaipur, Patna, Guwahati, and Allahabad on 9 May 2016?
15. What is the name of the initiative of RailTel that was in news in the first week of May 2016 as Google launched Free Public Wi-Fi Service at 5 Railway Stations as part of it?
1. (c) Stop the Illegal Killing, Taking and Trade of Migratory Birds
2. (b) Maharana Pratap
3. (b) Manvendra K Singh
4. (d) American Bison
5. (b) Jharkhand
6. (a) Environment
7. (b) 1982
8. (d) Atma Ram Nadkarni
9. (c) William Schallert
10. (b) Asset Reconstruction Companies
11. (c) AIDS
12. (d) Private Sector
13. (a) Peer to Peer Lending
14. (a) Google
15. (b) Railwire