Current Affairs Quiz: 11 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill, RISAT-2BR1 launch and South Asian Games 2019 among others.
11 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill, RISAT-2BR1 launch and South Asian Games 2019 among others.
1. The Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill proposes to extend the reservation quota for SCs and STs in the legislatures by how many years?
a) 15 years
b) 5 years
c) 10 years
d) 20 years
2. Which community’s nomination quota in legislatures has been left out under Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill?
3. Which among the following satellites was launched by ISRO on December 11, 2019?
4. Which Bollywood actor has been appointed by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) as its brand ambassador?
a) Sunil Shetty
b) Salman Khan
c) Akshay Kumar
d) Ajay Devgan
5. India won how many medals at the 13th edition of the South Asian Games?
6. India won maximum gold medals in which sport at the South Asian Games 2019?
7. Who among the following was recently conferred with the Noble Peace Prize 2019?
a) Abiy Ahmed
b) Mehtab Hassan
c) Alfred Medock
d) Prag Wilson
8. When is International Mountain Day observed every year?
a) 10th December
b) 8th December
c) 9th December
d) 11th December
9. When is Britain’s snap general election 2019?
a) December 22th
b) December 12th
c) December 19th
d) December 21st
10. When is NASA’s Mars rover scheduled to be launched?
1. (c) 10 years
The Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill proposes to extend the reservation quota for SCs and STs in the Lok Sabha and the state assemblies by another 10 years, till January 25, 2030. The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on December 10, 2019.
2. (a) Anglo-Indian
The Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill has left out extension of reservation quota for the Anglo-Indian community, which is also set to expire on January 25, 2020.
3. (b) RISAT-2BR1
ISRO on December 11, 2019 launched earth observation satellite RISAT-2BR1 along with nine foreign satellites aboard PSLV-C48 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
4. (a) Sunil Shetty
Nada has hoped that Sunil Shetty's celebrity status will prove helpful in ending doping from the Games. This year more than 150 players failed the dope test.
5. (c) 312
India won the highest number of medals in the 13th South Asian Games held in Nepal from December 1-10, 2019. The Indian medal tally included 312 medals including 173 gold, 93 silver and 44 bronze medals. It is a biennial sports competition organized among South Asian nations.
6. (d) Swimming
India won a total of 52 medals in swimming including 27 gold, 19 silver and 6 bronze medals. This was India’s best show-ever at the Games. India also won 18 gold medals in shooting and 15 in wrestling.
7. (a) Abiy Ahmed
Prime Minister of Ethiopia Abiy Ahmed received the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize on December 10, 2019 at Oslo, Norway. He was given the honor for his efforts to resolve Ethiopia’s long-standing conflict with neighbouring nation Eritrea.
8. (d) 11 December
The International Mountain Day is observed annually on December 11, 2019. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of mountains, focus on opportunities and emphasize the development of mountains. The theme of International Mountains Day 2019 is "Mountains matter for Youth".
9. (b) December 12th
Britain’s snap general election will be held on December 12, 2019. The elections were called to break the deadlock over Brexit, which has gripped Britain ever since the 2016 referendum vote, in which majority Britons voted to leave the EU.
10. (a) 2020
NASA would be launching its Mars rover in the summer of 2020. The rover will be joining NASA’s curiosity rover on the red planet. NASA has defined different roles for the two rovers. .