Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Chennai Open title of tennis, International Kite Festival and meeting of Arab League Foreign Ministers among others.
1. Name the state that observed Missionary Day on 11 January 2016.
2. Name the person who on 10 January 2016 won the Chennai Open title of tennis?
a) Aljaz Bedene
b) Stanislas Wawrinka
c) Roger Federer
d) Borna Coric
3. 28th edition of International Kite Festival started on 10 January 2016 in which city of Gujarat?
4. Name the cricketer of New Zealand who on 10 January 2016 scored second-fastest fifty in T-20 Internationals.
a) Colin Munro
b) Martin Guptill
c) Brendon McCullum
d) Trent Boult
5. The 11th World Hindi Day was observed on
a) 7 January 2016
b) 8 January 2016
c) 9 January 2016
d) 10 January 2016
6. Who on 10 January 2016 won the Brisbane International Tennis men’s singles trophy?
a) Roger Federer
b) Milos Raonic
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Andy Murray
7. In which city the meeting of Arab League Foreign Ministers was held on 10 January 2016?
8. Indo-Swiss pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis on 9 January 2016 won WTA Brisbane Tennis women's doubles title by defeating?
a) Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez Navarro
b) Irina-Camelia Begu and Monica Niculescu
c) Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova
d) Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic
9. In which city the main event of the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas was inaugurated on 9 January 2016?
a) New Delhi
10. Which country on 9 January 2016 began the process to formulate a new constitution?
b) Sri Lanka
11. Identify the legendary soul singer, famous for the song Trying To Live My Life Without You, who died on 8 January 2016 in Chicago.
a) Otis Clay
b) Marvin Gaye
c) Ray Charles
d) Etta James
12. Identify the first female Formula One driver who passed away on 8 January 2016 in Italy.
a) Lella Lombardi
b) Maria Teresa de Filippis
c) Desiré Wilson
d) Divina Galica
13. Identify the noted Hindi writer, known for his works like Nau Saal Chotti Patni and Kala Register, who died on 9 January 2016.
a) Naresh Mehta
c) Ravindra Kalia
d) Vignesh Mehta
14. Which country on 9 January 2016 was elected to the UNICEF executive board which will represent the group of Asia-Pacific countries for the term 2016-2018?
15. Who on 9 January 2016 was named the Denmark’s sportsperson of the year 2015?
a) Rene Holten Poulsen
b) Christian Eriksen
c) Daniel Agger
d) Nicki Pedersen
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(a) 8-(d) 13-(c)
4-(a) 9-(a) 14-(d)
5-(d) 10-(b) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.