11 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. It will also help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Fly For Sure Scheme, 21st National Youth Festival and International Conference and Exhibition on Re-enforced Plastics.
1. Name the airline that has launched Fly For Sure Scheme for its passengers.
a) Air India
b) Air Asia
c) Jet Airways
d) Go Airways
2. The World Bank has decelerated India's growth for 2016-17 fiscal to 7 per cent from its previous estimate of
a) 7.2 per cent
b) 7.4 per cent
c) 7.6 per cent
d) 8 per cent
3. Which state government will soon launch e-Wallet called Tokapoisa.in?
c) West Bengal
4. What is the theme of the 21st National Youth Festival?
a) Celebrating Diversity
b) Sabse Pehle Bharat
c) Celebrating Diversity in Unity
d) Youth for Digital India
5. The 21st National Youth Festival will be held in which of the following cities of Haryana?
6. The FIFA Council decided to expand the FIFA World Cup to a 48-team competition as of which of the following editions?
a) 2018 edition
b) 2026 edition
c) 2022 edition
d) None of the above
7. Name the former President of Germany, known for pioneering remembrance of the Holocaust, who passed away recently.
a) Roman Herzog
b) Walter Ulbricht
c) Willi Stoph
d) Manfred Gerlach
8. Union Government recently inaugurated three-day International Conference and Exhibition on Re-enforced Plastics in which city?
9. Name the British war correspondent who died recently.
a) Clare Hollingworth
b) Rosy Herzog
c) Bradley Wiggins
d) David R Syiemlieh
10. Which country launched first commercial mission using an updated version of the low-cost Kuaizhou-1A rocket?
c) South Korea
11. EPFO made Aadhaar Card mandatory for its about 50 lakh pensioners and around four crore subscribers. EPFO stands for?
a) Employees' Product Fund Organisation
b) Employees' Provident Financial Organisation
c) Employees' Permanent Fund Organisation
d) Employees' Provident Fund Organisation
12. It is in this city the world’s largest street light replacement programme was dedicated to the nation.
a) New Delhi
13. Researchers have recently discovered a new organ. Where is the organ located?
a) Digestive system
b) Endocrine system
c) Lymphatic system
d) Respiratory system
14. The three-day International Conference and Exhibition on Re-enforced Plastics (ICERP) was launched by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in
15. The World Bank has released January 2017 Global Economic Prospects report on 10 January 2017. Consider the following statements in context to the report.
I. After a post-crisis low 2016, the global economy will accelerate moderately to 3.7 per cent in 2017.
II. China will see a growth of 6.9 per cent in 2017.
III. Russia is expected to grow at 1.5 per cent in 2017.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
1. (a) Air India
2. (c) 7.6 per cent
3. (a) Assam
4. (d) Youth for Digital India
5. (c) Rohtak
6. (b) 2026 edition
7. (a) Roman Herzog
8. (c) Mumbai
9. (a) Clare Hollingworth
10. (b) China
11. (d) Employees' Provident Fund Organisation
12. (a) New Delhi
13.(a) Digestive System
14. (a) Mumbai
15. (a) Only III