Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, 21st Law Commission and Secretary General of the Arab League among others.
1. What was the theme of the three-day conference that was organsied by the Centre and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in New Delhi from 11 March 2016?
a) Advancing Asia: Investing for the Future
b) Advance Asia: Invest for the future
c) Investing for the Future: Advancing Asia
d) Invest for the future: Advanced Asia
2. Which one of the following is not one of the provisions of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015 that was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 10 March 2016?
a) Setting up of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
b) Imprisonment of up to 3 years for fraud builders
c) Mandatory registration of all projects in each State
d) 45 days time for RERA to dispose of the complaints
3. Rest of India on 10 March 2016 won the Irani Cup Cricket title by defeating which Ranji team?
4. Who of the following was appointed as the chairperson of the 21st Law Commission?
a) Justice M Jagannadha Rao
b) Justice Ajit Prakash Shah
c) Justice PV Reddi
d) Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
5. Who of the following was named as the Secretary General of the Arab League on 10 March 2016?
a) Aboul Gheit
b) Amr Moussa
c) Nabil El-Araby
d) Chedli Klibi
6. According to the Supreme Court, what percentage of TRAI-mandated threshold limit of call drops a telecom company should adhere to?
a) One percent
b) Two percent
c) Three percent
d) Seven percent
7. The Union Cabinet on 10 March 2016 gave its approval for entering into a MoU with which multilateral agency for setting up of the agency’s South Asia regional training centre in India?
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Bank
c) Asian Development Bank
d) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
8. The Union Cabinet on 10 March 2016 gave its approval for creation of the post of Nominated Authority in the Ministry of Coal as per
a) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2012
b) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2013
c) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2014
d) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015
9. Registration of which of the following Labour Act was not integrated with the e-biz portal of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) on 9 March 2016?
a) The EPF and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
b) The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
c) The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970
d) The Factories Act, 1948
10. The food and drug department of which State on 9 March 2016 sent Johnson & Johnson baby powder for lab tests?
d) Andhra Pradesh
11. Who was on 9 March 2016 appointed as the head of United National Political Mission in Columbia?
a) Jean Arnault
b) John Nicholson
c) Atul Sobti
d) Sylvie Lucas
12. As per ICC’s announcement on 9 March 2016, the venue of India and Pakistan World T20 match has been shifted from Kolkata to which place?
13. The Union Government in March 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding on conservation of birds of prey in Africa and Eurasia. The MoU is also known as:
a) A bird of prey MoU
b) Rapt MoU
c) CMS MoU
d) Raptor MoU
14. Which firm was in news in March 2016 as it was given 12 industrial licenses by the DIPP for manufacturing defence systems?
a) Ashok Leyland Defence Systems
b) Larsen & Toubro
c) Astra Microwave Products
d) Reliance Defence
15. Identify the Nalco CMD who was elected as the President of Aluminium Association of India.
a) Tapan Kumar Chand
b) SK Roongta
c) Najib Shah
d) AK Jha
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(d) 7-(a) 12-(a)
3-(b) 8-(d) 13-(d)
4-(d) 9-(d) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(a)