Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like aircrafts Sea Harriers decommissioned, Best Indian Destination for Wildlife Award and book Who Killed Swami Laxmanananda? among others.
1. What was the nickname of the fighter aircrafts Sea Harriers, which was decommissioned by Indian Navy on 11 May 2016?
a) White Elephants
b) Blue Lions
c) White Tigers
d) The Lioness
2. The decommissioned fleet of iconic Sea Harriers of Indian Navy was replaced by?
a) MIG 29 K
b) MIG 29
c) Su30 MKI
d) None of the above
3. The Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademark on 9 May 2016 granted the patent to Gilead Sciences for its drug named Sovaldi, which is used in the treatment of
a) Hepatitis A
b) Hepatitis B
c) Hepatitis C
d) Hepatitis D
4. Who on 9 May 2016 won the Best Indian Destination for Wildlife Award?
a) Chhattisgarh Tourism
b) Madhya Pradesh Tourism
c) Kerala Tourism
d) None of the above
5. Who is the author of the forthcoming book titled India vs Pakistan: Why Can’t we just be Friends? that was in news in the second week of May 2016?
a) Husain Haqqani
b) Nawaz Sharif
c) General Pasha
d) Pervez Musharra
6. Name the world's first holographic flexible smartphone developed by the Canadian researchers.
7. Name the author of the book Who Killed Swami Laxmanananda? that was released on 5 May 2016.
a) Kuldip Nayar
b) Anto Akkara
c) Teesta Setalvad
d) Husain Haqqani
8. Who on 9 May 2016 took charge as Managing Director and CEO of Multi Commodity Exchange?
a) Mrugank Paranjape
b) Jyoti Samant
c) P K Singhal
d) Dasrath Singhal
9. Which of the following is not the part of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) whose certificate of registration was cancelled by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 10 May 2016?
a) Neelanjali Engineering Private Limited
b) Novoflex Tradecom Private Limited
c) Swank Services Private Limited
d) Enol Ventures Private Limited
10. Which of the following is not the part of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) that on 10 May 2016 surrendered its registration certificates to Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
a) Samarth Doshi Investment Co. Private Limited
b) Echjay Overseas Trades Private Limited
c) Profound Exports Private Limited
d) Hari Mahavin Investment Private Limited
11. Which inset letter will be provided on both number panels in the 1000 rupees denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series – 2005 that will be released by RBI soon?
12. Who resigned from the post of president of Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) after serving for 9 years on 9 May 2016?
a) Artemio Franchi
b) Lennart Johansson
c) Michel Platini
d) Angel Maria Villar
13. How many medals were won by Indian boxers at the 7th Asian Youth Championships- boxing held in Pavlodar, Kazakhstan on 9 May 2016?
14. The composite floor test in the Uttarakhand legislative assembly that was won by Harish Rawat on 11 May 2016 was based on earlier similar experiments in which two states?
a) Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
c) Bihar and Uttar Pradesh
d) Bihar and Andhra Pradesh
15. What is the name of the Malaria vaccine which in a study by American researchers has shown to offer a protection against Malaria for more than one year?
a) PfSPZ vaccine
1. (c) White Tigers
2. (a) MIG 29 K
3. (c) Hepatitis C
4. (b) Madhya Pradesh Tourism
5. (a) Husain Haqqani
6. (d) Holoflex
7. (b) Anto Akkara
8. (a) Mrugank Paranjape
9. (c) Swank Services Private Limited
10. (c) Profound Exports Private Limited
11. (c) R
12. (c) Michel Platini
13. (d) Four
14. (b) Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
15. (a) PfSPZ vaccine