11 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like International Monetary Fund, 4th Michibiki satellite and India Water Week among others.
1. The International Monetary Fund lowered India's growth forecast for 2017 to what per cent?
2. Name the country that qualified for the World Cup for the first time in history.
3. Which nation launched its 4th Michibiki satellite for a new high precision Global Positioning System (GPS)?
d) North Korea
4. Umang Bedi recently resigned from the post of Managing Director (India and South Asia )from which organisation?
5. Name the drug discovered at IIT Roorkee to fight Chikungunya.
6. Which state government launched Solar Briefcase to provide electricity in remote areas?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
7. What is the India’s rank in the world’s most valuable nation brands, as per Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2017 report?
8. The 5th edition of India Water Week (IWW-2017) was launched in which city?
b) New Delhi
9. What is the theme of the 2017 International Conference on Yoga?
a) Yoga is life
b) Yoga for holistic health
c) Yoga for body
d) Yoga for wellness
10. Who was appointed as President of US-India Business Council (USIBC)?
a) Nisha Desai Biswal
b) Sudha Jaishankar
c) Richard Verma
d) Nikhil Chopra
11. Which state is going to provide reservation to persons with disabilities in government jobs?
b) Uttar Pradesh
12. The Union government has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of steel wire rods from which nation?
d) Sri Lanka
13. Which state’s cabinet has approved a climate change adaptation policy?
b) Tamil Nadu
14. Which Yojana was inaugurated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in the state’s Silchar district?
a) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
c) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
d) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
15. Which public sector Shipyard has bagged a contract for building 8 vessels for Indian Navy?
a) Cochin Shipyard Limited
b) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
c) Naval Dockyard
d) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
1. (a) 6.7%
2. (b) Iceland
3. (c) Japan
4. (a) Facebook
5. (a) Piperazine
6. (a) Uttarakhand
7. (c) 8th
8. (b) New Delhi
9. (d) Yoga for wellness
10. (a) Nisha Desai Biswal
11. (c) Bihar
12. (b) China
13. (d) Maharashtra
14. (b) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
15. (a) Cochin Shipyard Limited
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.