Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Quick Estimates of IIP, Mailer Prize and 59th National Shooting championship among others.
1. Which National Commission in its Annual Report 2014-15 presented on 11 December 2015 called for making it a Permanent and Statutory Body with Civil Court powers?
a) National Commission for Minorities
b) National Commission for Backward Classes
c) Equal Opportunity Commission
d) National Commission for Safai Karamcharis
2. What is the industrial growth rate achieved in October 2015 as per the Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) released on 11 December 2015?
3. Which country on 11 December 2015 launched its first UNSECO Biosphere Reserve Inle Lake?
4. Name the e-commerce giant that on 11 December 2015 agreed to acquire the Hong-Kong based 112-year old English Newspaper South China Morning Post.
5. Which two American giants on 11 December 2015 agreed to combine the two companies in an all-stock merger of equals?
a) DuPont and Dow Chemical Company
b) ABN Amro and Accenture
c) Ford Motors and General Motors
d) E&Y and S&P
6. Identify the famous author who on 10 December 2015 was honoured with the prestigious Mailer Prize for lifetime achievement.
a) Salman Rushdie
b) Arundhati Roy
c) Michael Hastings
d) Ruth Gruber
7. The Government of India on 11 December 2015 signed a protocol to amend double taxation avoidance pact with which country?
8. Which city on 11 December 2015 made it to the UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network for the creative field of City of Music?
9. Which global software firm on 11 December 2015 declared that it won the 2015 Aegis Graham Bell Award for developing a solution for the Internet of Things?
10. Who on 11 December 2015 won the Women's 50m Rifle 3 Positions Gold at the 59th National Shooting Championships?
a) Tejaswini Sawant
b) Elizabeth Susan Koshy
c) Anjum Moudgil
d) Gaayathri N
11. Name the Indian cyclist who on 11 December 2015 became the first Indian female cyclist to be ranked fourth in the World Elite Women Ranking for the 500m time trial event.
a) Manorama Devi
b) Mahitha Mohan
c) Deborah Herold
d) Sunita Devi
12. United Nations on 9 December 2015 launched the Sahel humanitarian appeal for 2016 with an outlay of 1.98 billion US dollars. Against this backdrop, identify the continent in which the Sahel is located?
c) South America
d) North America
13. Name the country that was on 9 December 2015 asked to halt the torture of detainees and oppression of human rights activists by United Nations Committee Against Torture (UNCAT).
14. A non-profit organisation of which country in November 2015 launched the emergency shelter project called Shanti Niwas Emergency Housing (SNEH) for senior citizens from the Indian and South Asian Communities?
b) New Zealand
15. Which country accounted for the highest share of tourist arrivals in India in November 2015?
c) The United Kingdom (UK)
d) The United States of America (USA)
1-(d) 6-(a) 11-(c)
2-(b) 7-(b) 12-(a)
3-(c) 8-(d) 13-(a)
4-(d) 9-(c) 14-(b)
5-(a) 10-(b) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.