Current Affairs Quiz: 12 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 'Person of the Year' 2019, Google’s top-searched personality of 2019 and South Africa’s first acting director of cricket among others.
12 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 'Person of the Year' 2019, Google’s top-searched personality of 2019 and South Africa’s first acting director of cricket among others.
1. Who among the following was chosen by the Time magazine as the 'Person of the Year' 2019?
a) Greta Thunberg
b) Rahul Gandhi
c) Narendra Modi
d) Donald Trump
2. Which state’s cabinet has approved Disha Act to provide harsher punishment for crimes against women, children?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
3. The Union Government has decided to sell its 100 percent stake in which airline?
a) Air India
c) Air Asia
d) Jet Airways
4. Who has been appointed South Africa’s first acting director of cricket?
a) Herschelle Gibbs
b) AB de Villiers
c) Kevin Pietersen
d) Graeme Smith
5. Who has been named as La Liga's first India brand ambassador?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Anushka Sharma
c) Shah Rukh Khan
d) Rohit Sharma
6. Which state won the World Habitat Award for ‘Jaga Mission’?
7. Which of the following recently separated from Papua New Guinea and voted to become a new country?
d) None of the above
8. Which keyword was the most searched in India for the year 2019?
a) Lok Sabha Elections 2019
b) Chandrayaan 2
c) Cricket World Cup 2019
d) Article 370
9. Who was the most searched personality for the year 2019?
a) Vicky Kaushal
b) Rishabh Pant
c) Anand Kumar
d) Abhinandan Varthaman
10. The Union Cabinet recently authorised which organisation to set up Infrastructure Investment Trust?
a) NITI Aayog
b) National Highways Authority of India
c) Securities and Exchange Board of India
d) Reserve Bank of India
1. (a) Greta Thunberg
Greta Thunberg has achieved this honor at the youngest age. She was in the news because of her influential and aggressive speeches. She also gave a speech at the United Nations Climate Action Summit this year.
2. (b) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh has approved enactment of the Andhra Pradesh Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, which is also known as Disha Act. The act provides for harsher punishments to those guilty of heinous crimes against women including the death sentence.
3. (a) Air India
The Union Government has decided to sell its entire 100 per cent stake in Air India under the proposed disinvestment process. This was stated by Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri in a written reply in the Lok Sabha on December 12, 2019.
4. (d) Graeme Smith
Graeme Smith has been appointed as South Africa’s first acting director of cricket. He is the most successful Test captain for South Africa in the history of the game.
5. (d) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma was on December 12, 2019 named as the first-ever India brand ambassador of top Spanish football club Real Madrid. He is the first non-footballer in the history of the league to have become a brand ambassador.
6. (c) Odisha
This award is given with the help of UN-Habitat located in Britain. This award is given in recognition of innovative, outstanding and revolutionary residential ideas, projects and programs from all over the world.
7. (c) Bougainville
Bougainville has recently split from Papua New Guinea and voted to become a separate country. About 1, 81,067 people voted for its separation from Papua New Guinea.
8. (c) Cricket World Cup 2019
The ‘Cricket World Cup 2019’ was the most searched keyword of the year 2019. As per the report, about 2.6 billion people have watched the Cricket World Cup 2019 worldwide.
9. (d) Abhinandan Varthaman
Abhinandan Varthaman was the most searched personality on Google by the people of India in 2019. While Lata Mangeshkar ranked second this year, Yuvraj Singh was third-most searched personality.
10. (b) National Highways Authority of India
The Union Cabinet recently authorizes the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to set up the Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) based on the guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)