Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like National Framework for Malaria Elimination, Ministry of happiness and tolerance, and youth affairs A Kingdom for his Love among others.
1. The National Framework for Malaria Elimination (NFME) that was released on 11 February 2016 at New Delhi outlines India’s strategy for elimination of the disease by
2. Name the country that on 11 February 2016 appointed women ministers for the newly created portfolios for happiness and tolerance, and youth affairs.
a) United Arab Emirates
c) Saudi Arabia
3. Name the state who’s Land Revenue Act, 2015 became effective on 11 February 2016.
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. Identify the Section of CrPC. The Supreme Court on 11 February 2016 upheld clampdown on access to mobile internet by States under the Section.
a) Section 144
b) Section 145
c) Section 146
d) Section 147
5. India on 11 February 2016 signed nine agreements including in the sphere of cyber security, infrastructure, renewable energy and finance with
b) United Arab Emirates
6. The Indian-origin lawyer who was appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce Commission in February 2016?
a) Ram Jethmalani
b) Kapil Sibal
c) Manish Tewari
d) Davinder Singh
7. Who among the following Indian-Americans was not an elected member of the National Academy of Engineering of the USA as announced on 8 February 2016?
a) Anil K Jain
b) Ganesh Thakur
c) K R Sridhar
d) Kartik Chandran
8. Ministry of Railways on 11 February 2016 signed an MoU with which state government for the development of railway infrastructure in the state?
d) Andhra Pradesh
9. Name the Indian lawyer who on 11 February 2016 was appointed South Asia Regional Director at International Court of Arbitration.
a) Arvind Bhushan
b) Vinay Sharma
c) Vikas Behl
d) Abhinav Bhushan
10. Name the Indian IT consulting company which on 11 February 2016 announced the acquisition of US-based health insurance firm HealthPlan Services.
a) Wipro Technologies
c) Tata Consultancy Services
d) HCL Technologies
11. Identify the Soviet footballer, the scorer of the first ever UEFA European Championship qualifying goal, who died on 10 February 2016 in Moscow, Russia.
a) Oleg Blokhin
b) Anatoli Ilyin
c) Vagiz Khidiatulin
d) Viktor Kolotov
12. Name the authors of the fiction book, A Kingdom for his Love that was launched in February 2016 by Amar Chitra Katha (ACK).
a) Vani Mahesh and Shinie Antony
b) Renuka Vishwanathan and Shinie Antony
c) Reena I. Puri and Vani Mahesh
d) Jason Quinn and Naresh Kumar
13. What was India’s rank in the United States Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Intellectual Property Index that was announced on 10 February 2016?
14. Identify the State. Its Mobile One m-governance project on 10 February 2016 won gold at the 4th World Government Summit in Dubai?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
15. Identify the Pulitzer Prize-winning composer for music for Variations for Orchestra who died on 4 February 2016.
a) Virgil Thomson
b) Ernst Toch
c) Gian Carlo Menotti
d) Leslie Bassett
1-(d) 6-(d) 11-(b)
2-(a) 7-(d) 12-(a)
3-(d) 8-(c) 13-(d)
4-(a) 9-(d) 14-(c)
5-(b) 10-(a) 15-(d)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.