12 June 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 'Tele Law' service, 2017 French Open and Kalinga Literary Award 2017 among others.
1. Which of the following state in June 2017 announced loan waiver of farmers?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. To provide legal aid for the people living in rural areas, the Union Government on 11 June 2017 launched 'Tele Law' service. Consider the following statements in regard to the Tele Law service.
I. Under the scheme, the Tele-Law portal will be available across the CSC network connecting the citizens to legal service providers.
II. The Ministry of Law and Justice partnered with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) will provide legal aid services through its Common Service Centres (CSC) at the panchayat level, spread across the country.
III. In the first phase, the Tele-Law scheme will be tested as a pilot across 1000 Common Service Centres (CSCs) in Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
3. The State Bank of India (SBI) has reduced its interest rate on home loans above Rs 75 lakh by what basis points (bps).
a) 2 bps
b) 5 bps
c) 10 bps
d) 15 bps
4. NITI Aayog launched SATH program for cooperative federalism. What is the abbreviation of ‘SATH’?
a) Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital
b) Sustainable Action for Transact Human capital
c) Sustainable Action for Trance Human capital
d) Sustainable Action for Trace Human capital
5. Name the Bengali actor who was honoured with 2017 Legion d' Honneur, the highest French civilian Honour.
a) Shekhar Bose
b) Soumitra Chatterjee
c) Subhendu Banerjee
d) Tapen Chakravarty
6. Ela Gandhi, the granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi, was honoured for lifetime activism at the 70th anniversary of the 1946 Indian Passive Resistance Campaign in which country?
b) The United Kingdom
c) South Africa
7. Name the US actor best known as the star of the 1960s hit TV series Batman who died recently.
a) Val Kilmer
b) Michael Keaton
c) Ben Affleck
d) Adam West
8. Noted poet and writer C Narayana Reddy passed away on 12 June 2017 in Hyderabad. He mainly published his literary works in which language?
9. Theresa May has appointed which conservative party member as her first secretary of state?
a) Michael Gove
b) Damian Green
c) Andrea Leadsom
d) Priti Patel
10. Rajya Sabha MP, Palvai Govardhan Reddy, who passed away on 9 June 2017, belonged to which national party?
11. Jelena Ostapenko grabbed her first ever grand slam title by beating the match favourite, third-seeded Simona Halep in the final of French Open 2017. Which country does Jelena belong to?
b) The Czech Republic
12. Who of the following was recently conferred with the Kalinga Literary Award 2017?
a) Ramakanta Das
b) Banaja Devi
c) Debi Prasanna Pattanayak
d) Haraprasad Das
13. Who of the following won the 2017 French Open Women's Doubles title?
a) Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic
b) Hsieh Su-wei and Peng Shuai
c) Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova
d) Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina
14. Who won the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup that was recently held in South Korea?
15. Who won the 2017 French Open Men’s Singles title?
a) Rafael Nadal
b) Stan Wawrinka
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Roger Federer
1. (c) Maharashtra
2. (b) Only I and II
3. (a) 10 bps
4. (a) Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital
5. (b) Soumitra Chatterjee
6. (c) South Africa
7. (d) Adam West
8. (b) Telugu
9. (b) Damian Green
10. (d) INC
11. (d) Latvia
12. (d) Haraprasad Das
13. (c) Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova
14. (b) England
15. (a) Rafael Nadal
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.