Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana, Women Transforming India initiative and Visitor’s Award for the Best University among others.
1. What is the name of service that was launched by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in March 2016 under Railways Cleanliness Drive?
a) Swachh Rail
b) Clean My Coach
c) Clean it Up
d) Make it Clean
2. Which State became the first in the country with issuance of bonds worth 3677 crore rupees on 10 March 2016 under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana?
c) Uttar Pradesh
3. With which country India on 9 March 2016 signed an agreement to provide over 400 million US dollars to finance three water supply projects?
a) Sri Lanka
4. Which of the following statements is not true in relation to the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana that was approved by the CCEA on 10 March 2016?
a) It seeks to provide free LPG connections to APL families
b) 8000 crore rupees will be spent over three years
c) 1.5 crore households will be benefitted in 2016-17
d) It will be implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
5. The Women Transforming India initiative, in partnership with the UN and MyGov, was launched on 8 March 2016 by which policy think-tank?
a) NITI Aayog
b) Indian Council for World Affairs
c) India Foundation
d) The Center for Policy Research
6. Which University on 10 March 2016 won the annual Visitor’s Award for the Best University?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru University
b) Tezpur University
c) University of Delhi
d) Indian Institute of Science
7. The Union Cabinet on 10 March 2016 approved the Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy to remove the prior exploration and licensing policy. What the previous policy was called?
a) Exploration Licensing Policy of India
b) New Licensing Policy for Exploration
c) Directorate General of Hydrocarbons
d) New Exploration Licensing Policy
8. Which city of Finland will host 2018 U-20 World Championships in Athletics, as announced by IAAF on 10 March 2016?
9. The Economist Intelligence Unit on 10 March 2016 ranked which city as the most expensive city in the world?
a) New York
b) Los Angeles
10. The Economist Intelligence Unit on 10 March 2016 ranked which Indian cities among the cheapest cities in the world?
a) Mumbai & New Delhi
b) New Delhi & Bengaluru
c) Mumbai & Bengaluru
d) Bengaluru and Chennai
11. What is the focus of the revised policy on gas production from Deep Waters & HPHT areas that was approved by the Union Government on 10 March 2016?
a) Pricing freedom
b) Operational freedom
c) Liberal foreign investments
d) All of them
12. Which city will host the Maritime India Summit for 2-days begging from 14 April 2015?
d) New Delhi
13. To which company the Ratna and R-series oil fields were given back on 10 March 2016 by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs?
a) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
b) Indian Oil Corporation
c) Oil India Limited
d) Bharat Petroleum
14. On which spiritual organisation the NGT imposed 5 crore rupees fine for causing damage to the Yamuna flood plain to organize 2-day World Culture Festival beginning from 11 March 2016?
a) The Art of Living Foundation
b) Ramakrishna Mission
c) International Society for Krishna Consciousness
d) Brahma Kumaris
15. RITES (Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways) signed a contract to supply 18 Meter Gauge 1350 HP Diesel Electric Locomotives with
a) Myanmar Railways
b) Sri Lankan Railways
c) Bangladesh Railways
d) Nepal Railways
1-(b) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(c) 7-(d) 12-(c)
3-(a) 8-(b) 13-(a)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(a)