12 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India, 2017 International Day of the Girl Child and Supreme Court ruling-‘Sex with minor wife amounts to rape’ among others.
1. Who was appointed as the new chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)?
a) Anupam Kher
b) Rishi Kapoor
c) Amitabh Bachchan
d) Dilip Kumar
2. What was the theme of the 2017 International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC)?
a) EmPowering Adolescent Girls: Ending the Cycle of Violence
b) EmPOWER girls: Before, during and after crises
c) EmPOWER girls Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030
d) EmPowering Girls: Better Education and Training
3. Who was awarded with the 2017 Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management?
a) Meera Nair
b) KC Gupta
c) Bindeshwar Pathak
d) TR Krishnan
4. Who was appointed as the new Union Health Secretary recently?
a) Preeti Sudan
b) Nisha Biswal
c) CK Mishra
d) MK Makkar
5. Who was nominated to head Homeland Security department of the United States?
a) Kirstjen Nielsen
b) John Kelly
c) William Jefferson
d) Tom Garry
6. Name the actor who received Karanth award in October 2017.
a) Prakash Raj
c) Kamal Haasan
7. Which state would be setting up 16 new (GIDC) townships?
8. The ‘atlas of life’ led by researchers at the University of Oxford and Tel Aviv University is a Global review and map of-
a) Every invertebrate on Earth
b) Every human species on Earth
c) Every abiotic species on Earth
d) Every vertebrate on Earth
9. Name the Indian bowler who has announced retirement from all forms of cricket and will play his last T20 International against New Zealand on 1 November 2017.
a) Zaheer Khan
b) Ashish Nehra
c) Harbhajan Singh
d) Ishant Sharma
10. Which state government announced Garments & Apparel Policy 2017?
11. Name the Austrian writer who won the German Book Prize.
a) Sigmund Freud
b) Lilian Faschinger
c) Robert Menasse
d) Robert Dassanowsky
12. Name the bench of Justices of Supreme Court that gave the ruling-‘Sex with minor wife amounts to rape’.
a) Deepak Gupta and Madan B. Lokur
b) Dipak Misra and Madan Sharma
c) Sharad Arvind Bobde and T.S. Thakur
d) Ranjan Gogoi and T.S. Thakur
13. Which City’s Metro Rail department is offering free bicycle ride scheme?
a) Chennai Metro Rail
b) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
c) Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation
d) Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation
14. Where is the 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gifts (IHGF) being held?
15. India qualified for 2019 AFC Asian Cup with 4-1 win over which team?
1. (a) Anupam Kher
2. (b) EmPOWER girls: Before, during and after crises
3. (c) Bindeshwar Pathak
4. (a) Preeti Sudan
5. (a) Kirstjen Nielsen
6. (a) Prakash Raj
7. (a) Gujarat
8. (d) Every vertebrate on Earth
9. (b) Ashish Nehra
10. (c) Gujarat
11. (c) Robert Menasse
12. (a) Justice Deepak Gupta and Madan B. Lokur
13. (a) Chennai Metro Rail
14. (a) Delhi
15. (c) Macau