13 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like National Geoscience Awards 2016, SCOPE Excellence Awards and Most Followed Head of the state on Instagram among others.
1. Who of the following was honoured with Young Scientist Award of the National Geoscience Awards 2016?
a) Dr. Pratima Mohan Kessarkar
b) Prof. Javed Husain N. Malik
c) Aradhi Keshava Krishna
d) Dr. Abhishek Saha
2. The Union Cabinet recently approved signing of Framework of Understanding on Cooperation in the Hydrocarbon Sector. The Framework is signed with which of the following countries?
c) Sri Lanka
3. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for setting up of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy. The institute will be set up in which of the following cities?
4. Who was appointed as the Ambassador of India to Germany?
a) Shashi Girdhar
b) Gurjit Singh
c) Mukta Dutta Tomar
d) Yash Singhal
5. NBFC Manappuram Finance launched its own prepaid cards in tie-up with which private sector bank?
a) Axis Bank
b) Yes Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) ICICI Bank
6. Nokia signed MoU with which two Indian telecom companies to bring 5G network in India?
a) Idea and Airtel
b) Vodafone and Airtel
c) Idea and BSNL
d) Airtel and BSNL
7. In which category, SCOPE Excellence Awards are presented?
a) Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management
b) Excellence and Outstanding contribution in the field of Medical Science
c) Excellence and Outstanding contribution in the field of Journalism
d) Excellence and Outstanding Contribution in the field of Computer Science
8. Youngest Nobel Peace laureate Malala Yousafzai became the sixth person to receive honorary citizenship of this country.
9. He was named as the new administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) by the UN chief Antonio Guterres.
a) Segolene Royal
b) Timothy Ball
c) Achim Steiner
d) Erik Solheim
10. EC has thrown an open challenge to people to hack its EVM's. The challaange will be open for people in
a) Last week of April 2017
b) First week of May 2017
c) Last week of May 2017
d) Before the Delhi MCD elections
11. Name the country that vetoed the UN draft resolution demanding the Syrian government cooperate with an investigation of a suspected chemical attack.
12. The Governor of Gujarat, O P Kohli on 12 April 2017 gave his nod to the Gujarat Self Financed School (Regulation of Fees) Bill – 2017.
I. The act proposes the upper limit of annual school fees to be set at Rs 20000, 25000 and 30000 for primary/pre-primary, Secondary and Higher secondary education.
II. The schools which have already taken high fees will have to adjust and equalise the amount accordingly.
III. It also bans the practice of making the purchase of uniforms and books from a particular shop mandatory.
IV. Committees led by retired judges would be set up to take up complaints regarding breach of the law’s provisions.
Which among the above statements is correct?
a) Only I and II
b) I, II and III
c) All of the above
d) II, III and IV
13. Who of the following was posthumously awarded with the Padma Vibhushan award?
a) Cho Ramaswamy
b) Sunder Lal Patwa
c) Asoke Kumar Bhattacharya
d) None of the above
14. Which world leader has become the most followed head of the state on Instagram with 7 million followers?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Donald Trump
c) Justin Trudeau
d) Queen Elizabeth II
15. Which state’s government has decided to increase the reservations of backward Muslim population and STs in the state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (d) Dr. Abhishek Saha
2. (b) Bangladesh
3. (a) Visakhapatnam
4. (c) Mukta Dutta Tomar
5. (b) Yes Bank
6. (d) Airtel and BSNL
7. (a) Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management
8. (a) Canada
9. (c) Achim Steiner
10. (b) First week of May 2017
11. (a) Russia
12. (d) II, III and IV
13. (b) Sunder Lal Patwa
14. (a) Narendra Modi
15. (a) Telangana
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.