Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Neerja Bhanot Award, Galacto-Seismic method to hunt Dark Matter and 20th National Youth Festival among others.
1. Indentify the Indian woman. She was conferred with Neerja Bhanot Award on 13 January 2016 for empowering widows of martyrs and families.
a) Kiranjit Ahluwalia
b) Sezette Jordan
c) Subhashini Vasanth
d) Shirin Fozdar
2. Name the summit, organised to showcase investment opportunities in Andhra Pradesh, which concluded on 12 January 2016 in Vishakhapatnam?
a) Sunrise Partnership Summit 2016
b) Invest in AP Business Summit 2016
c) Invest in AP Summit 2016
d) Confederate of Indian Industry Partnership Summit 2016
3. Which Bollywood actor was bestowed honorary life membership of Kolkata’s soccer outfit Mohammedan Sporting on 12 January 2016?
a) Akshay Kumar
b) Amitabh Bachchan
c) Shahrukh Khan
d) Aamir Khan
4. Edward Monser, President of Emerson, and Punit Renjen, CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (Deloitte Global) on 12 January 2016 were appointed as the Vice Chairs of which business advocacy organization?
a) UK India Business Council
b) U.S.-India Business Council
c) Small Business Advocacy Council
d) Business Council of India
5. Name the Indian-American professor whose team developed Galacto-Seismic method to hunt Dark Matter.
a) Sukanya Chakrabarti
b) Jamshed Bharucha
c) Bhargav Gajjar
d) Vamsi Mootha
6. In which city the 5-day long 20th National Youth Festival was inaugurated on 12 January 2016?
a) Naya Raipur
7. Who edited the book titled Jawaharlal Nehru and The Indian Polity in Perspective that was released by the Vice President of India Hamid Ansari on 12 January 2016 in Thiruvananthapuram?
a) Dr B Vivekanandan
b) M G Radhakrishnan
c) P J Alexander
d) Dr B Vivekanandan
8. Which state was on 12 January 2016 declared as the first in the country to achieve 100 percent primary education?
a) Andhra Pradesh
9. Which paramilitary organisation on 11 January 2016 launched the Operation Cold to contain infiltration from Pakistan along the international border?
a) Border Security Force
b) Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
c) Central Industrial Security Force
d) Central Reserve Police Force
10. Identify the Hall of Fame outfielder and former Negro Leagues player who died on 11 January 2016.
a) Monte Irvin
b) Octavius Catto
c) Moses Fleetwood Walker
d) Gus Greenlee
11. Which multinational technology company was in news in the second week of January 2016 for collaborating with Google for Project Tongo?
12. Who won the 2015 Ballon d'Or trophy on 11 January 2016?
a) Luis Enrique
b) Cristiano Ronaldo
d) Lionel Messi
13. Name the folk dance of Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh that was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest folk dance in the world.
c) Gaur Maria
14. Conference of Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QCG) on Afghan Peace and Reconciliation process was held on 11 January 2016 in
15. To improve efforts against nuclear and radiological smuggling, United States on 11 January 2016 signed a Joint Action Plan (JAP) with which country?
d) European Union
1-(c) 6-(a) 11-(b)
2-(d) 7-(c) 12-(d)
3-(b) 8-(d) 13-(a)
4-(b) 9-(a) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(b)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.