13 July 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like a country approves physical education program at girls’ schools, a state’s flagship programme LIFE and biggest icebergs ever recorded has broken away from an Ice Shelf of Antarctica among others.
1. Which country will organise the World Theatre Olympics (WTO) 2018?
c) Czech Republic
2. Which of the following nations recently approved a physical education program at girls’ schools?
d) Saudi Arabia
3. India has recently granted Rupees 3.2 crore aid to which of the following countries to fight ISIS?
4. China recently sent troops to open first overseas military base in which Horn of Africa nation?
5. Who of the following became the first player to surpass the 6000 run mark in Women’s One-Day Internationals?
a) Mithali Raj
b) Kiran Baluch
c) Suzie Bates
d) Amita Sharma
6. Which state became the first to launch free injectable contraceptive for women?
d) Tamil Nadu
7. Which state formed a committee to study legalities for separate state flag?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) West Bengal
8. Which state government brought out an ordinance to curb evils of online rummy games?
a) Andhra Pradesh
9. Which state government proposed to celebrate Bachpan Divas, Laadli Divas and Matratva Divas every year?
d) Uttar Pradesh
10. Food supplied by which organisation will attract no Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
a) Charitable Trusts
b) Religious Institutions
d) None of these
11. The Centres of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine under the Metro Blood Bank Project of Union Health Ministry will be set up in which of the following cities?
a) Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai
b) Jaipur, Lucknow, Delhi and Bengaluru
c) Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Kanpur
d) Rohtak, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai
12. The Union Government increased the import duty on sugar to how much to support domestic prices?
a) 20 per cent
b) 30 per cent
c) 40 per cent
d) 50 per cent
13. Government has empowered the Army to directly procure critical weapons systems and military platforms to maintain combat readiness for short duration intense wars. Who of the following will be given the full financial powers for the purpose?
a) Vice-Chief of Army
b) Chief of Army
c) Additional Directorate General of Public Information
d) None of the above
14. Name the state that in July 2017 launched a flagship programme ‘Livelihood Intervention and Facilitation of Entrepreneurship’ (LIFE) with a thrust on improving the livelihood of rural poor in a sustainable manner.
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Uttar Pradesh
15. Scientists in July 2017 claimed that one of the biggest icebergs ever recorded has broken away from an Ice Shelf of Antarctica. Name the Shelf.
a) Larsen A Ice Shelf
b) Larsen B Ice Shelf
c) Larsen C Ice Shelf
d) Larsen D Ice Shelf
1. (a) India
2. (d) Saudi Arabia
3. (c) Philippines
4. (a) Djibouti
5. (a) Mithali Raj
6. (a) Maharashtra
7. (b) Karnataka
8. (c) Telangana
9. (d) Uttar Pradesh
10. (b) Religious Institutions
11. (a) Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai
12. (d) 50 per cent
13. (a) Vice-Chief of Army
14. (b) Meghalaya
15. (c) Larsen C Ice Shelf