13 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Solar Challenge 2017, International Day for Disaster Reduction and 2nd National Judicial Pay Commission among others.
1. India will sign MoC agreement with which country for setting up flexible LNG market?
2. Who will head the 2nd National Judicial Pay Commission (NJPC) to look into pay hike issue of lower court judges?
a) E Padhmanabhan
b) PV Reddi
c) R C Lahoti
d) Jagannatha Shetty
3. Which state government recently implemented the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS)?
c) Himachal Pradesh
4. Which city hosted the 48th Conference of Governors?
d) New Delhi
5. Which State unveiled a new policy regarding Internet of Things and e-waste?
6. Indian naval ships, Satpura and Kadmatt, would be participating in naval exercise called PASSEX with which nation?
c) South Korea
7. Which International UN day was observed on 13 October 2017?
a) World Mental Health Day
b) International Day of the Girl Child
c) International Day for Disaster Reduction
d) International Day of Rural Women
8. Which Yojana was launched by Union Minister Manoj Sinha on 13 October to provide affordable life insurance services to the rural people?
a) Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
c) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
d) Sampoorna Bima Gram Yojana
9. The United States has announced its decision of withdrawing itself from UNESCO, accusing it of being unfair to which nation?
b) South Korea
10. Which party won the maximum number of seats in the Nanded civic polls in Mahashtra?
d) Shiv Sena
11. Who was named as the new CEO of HSBC?
a) John Flint
b) Deepak S Parekh
c) MK Sharma
d) Romesh Sobti
12. Which Dutch Team won the World Solar Challenge 2017?
a) Nuon Solar Team
b) Solar Team Twente
c) Kogakuin University Solar Team
d) NITech Solar Racing
13. Which fashion brand announced going fur-free from 2018?
c) H & M
14. The 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi will be celebrated during which of the following years?
a) 2 October 2019 - 2 October 2020
b) 2 October 2018 - 2 October 2019
c) 2 October 2022 - October2023
d) 2 October 2020 - 2 October 2021
15. Name two World Bank supported schemes approved on 12 October 2017 by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) to boost Skill India Mission-
a) Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana(PMKVY)
b) SANKALP and STRIVE
c) National Skill Development Yojana
d) Jan Dhan Yojana
1. (a) Japan
2. (b) PV Reddi
3. (c) Himachal Pradesh
4. (d) New Delhi
5. (a) Telangana
6. (b) Japan
7. (c) International Day for Disaster Reduction
8. (d) Sampoorna Bima Gram Yojana
9. (d) Israel
10. (a) INC
11. (a) John Flint
12. (a) Nuon Solar Team
13. (d) Gucci
14. (a) 2 October 2019 - 2 October 2020
15. (b) SANKALP and STRIVE