14 December 2016, Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like the state has approved recommendations of 7th pay commission, biography on Gymnastic Dipa Karmakar and 2016 Ballon D’OR award among others.
1. Which state recently approved the recommendations of the seventh pay commission? The recommendations were approved ahead of elections that are scheduled to be held in 2017.
b) Uttar Pradesh
2. What was the theme of 2016 International Mountain Day (IMD)?
a) Mountain minorities and indigenous peoples
b) Mountain cultures: Celebrating diversity and strengthening identity
c) Managing mountain biodiversity for better lives
d) None of the above
3. Name the biography titled on Gymnastic Dipa Karmakar that was released in 2016?
a) The Ascension
b) The Worrier
c) The Small Wonder
d) Rise The Bar
4. Name the legendary horse jockey who died recently and was the rider of the Shergar?
a) Frankie Dettori
b) Mick Fitzgerald
c) Michael Stoute
d) Walter Swinburn
5. Which country launched the advanced weather satellite Fengyun-4 recently?
b) South Korea
6. The Indian Oil Corporation recently announced how much discount on petrol and diesel fuel purchases, if the payment is made using digital means?
a) 0.25 percent
b) 0.50 percent
c) 0.75 percent
d) 1 percent
7. Which Indian Celebrity has been appointed as the newest Global Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Priyanka Chopra
c) Aamir Khan
d) Deepika Padukone
8. Nitin Gadkari has laid the foundation stones for 17 road projects costing around Rs 1152 Cr. Which north-eastern state is going to benefit from these projects?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
9. Which footballer won the 2016 Ballon D’OR award?
a) Lionel Messi
b) Luis Suárez
d) Christiano Ronaldo
10. High Court of which state ruled that a child born out of rape is entitled to compensation?
d) Uttar Pradesh
11. Name the book that was released by the Supreme Court on the history of Indian Judiciary.
a) Courts of India-Past to Present
b) A Brief History of Indian Judiciary
c) Courts of India-History and Evolution
d) An Historical Perspective on Indian Judiciary
12. Identify the country that abolished the controversial Kafala Labour System.
c) Saudi Arabia
13. Which multilateral agency halted two concurrent processes initiated by India and Pakistan under the Indus Water Treaty?
a) World Bank Group
b) International Monetary Fund
c) Asian Development Bank
d) Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank
14. Which Indian state is planning to create a Wagah-like border viewing point?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
15. The augmented reality game, Pokemon Go, is finally making its debut in India. This has been made possible through a partnership with which Indian telecom operator?
a) Tata DoCoMo
b) Bharti Airtel
c) Reliance Jio
1.(b) Uttar Pradesh
2. (b) Mountain cultures: Celebrating diversity and strengthening identity
3. (c) The Small Wonder
4. (d) Walter Swinburn
5. (c) China
6. (c) 0.75 percent
7.(b) Priyanka Chopra
9.(d) Christiano Ronaldo
10. (b) Delhi
11.(a) Courts of India- Past to Present
13.(a) World Bank Group
15.(c) Reliance Jio
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.