Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like inauguration of Make In India Centre, Devadasi system and gravitational waves among others.
1. In which city the Make In India Centre was inaugurated on 13 February 2016 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
a) New Delhi
2. World Radio Day was observed on 13 February 2016 with the theme
a) Radio in Times of Emergency & Disaster
b) Youth and Radio
c) Radio as a tool of Infotainment
d) Radio and Development
3. Identify the personality. He went on an indefinite leave on 3-days after his appointment as the executive vice chairman of The Energy and Energy and Resources Institute?
a) Tamar Hahn
b) R K Pachauri
c) B V Sreekantan
d) Ashok Chawla
4. Identify the West African nation in which six UN Peacekeepers were killed on 12 February 2016 in a terrorist attack.
5. Which university on 13 February 2016 celebrated its 100 years of establishment?
a) Banaras Hindu University
b) Savitribai Phule Pune University
c) University of Hyderabad
d) University of Madras
6. The legislature of this country on 12 February 2016 adopted sanctions on North Korea for conducting nuclear test and rocket launch.
b) The USA
7. As per a finding of scientists from the US, Canada, China and India this many number of people die prematurely due to air pollution across the world.
a) 4.5 million
b) 5.5 million
c) 6.5 million
d) 7.5 million
8. Scientists in February 2016 announced detection of gravitational waves for the first time. The existence of these waves were first predicted by
a) Albert Einstein
b) Isaac Newton
c) Stephen Hawking
d) Allen Turing
9. The Supreme Court on 12 February 2016 asked all States and UTs to strictly follow the Union Government’s advisory on this age-old inhuman social practise.
10. Who is the chairman of the commission that in February 2016 requested for extension of its tenure to complete the probe on solar scam in Kerala?
a) Kamlesh Chandra
b) L Narasimha Reddy
c) B S Bawan
d) Justice Sivarajan