Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like UNESCO’s 4th World Congress of Biosphere Reserves, Maritime India Summit 2016 and All England Badminton tournament among others.
1. Union Ministry of Home Affairs on 14 March 2016 appointed a high level committee to look into issue of missing files related to Ishrat Jahan case. It will be headed by
a) BK Prasad
b) Mahesh Kumar Singla
c) Ajay Shankar
d) Amit Mitra
2. Where was the 13th meeting of Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development held on 14 March 2016?
3. Which of the following is the partner country of Maritime India Summit 2016 (MIS 2016) that will be organised from 14 to 16 April 2016?
b) South Korea
4. Name the person who on 13 March 2016 won the one million dollar Global Teacher Prize for the year 2016.
a) Hanan Al Hroub
b) Aqeela Asifi
c) Colin Hegarty
d) Robin Chaurasiya
5. Who of the following on 13 March 2016 won the men’s singles of the All England Badminton tournament?
a) Lin Dan
b) Tian Houwei
c) Chen Long
d) Lee Chong Wei
6. Name the team that on 13 March 2016 won the Santosh Trophy National Football Championships title.
7. ExoMars 2016, an unmanned spacecraft to Mars was jointly launched by which two space agencies?
a) European Space Agency and Roscosmos
b) Roscosmos and NASA
c) NASA and European Space Agency
d) Roscosmos and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
8. What is the name of 250-million-year-old new fossil of reptile that was discovered in Brazil by an international team of scientist?
b) Microhyla Laterite
c) Melanophidium Khairei
d) Manis crassicaudata
9. The UNESCO’s 4th World Congress of Biosphere Reserves started on 14 March 2016 at which place?
10. Name the state that presented the State Budget 2016-17 on 10 March 2016 in e-format making it the first state in India to do so.
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
11. Identify the indigenously built nuclear-capable intermediate range missile with a range of 700-km that was test-fired by India on 14 March 2016.
12. Identify the renowned Jazz vocalist who died in March 2016 in Seattle.
a) Oscar Brown
b) Shirley Horn
c) Billy Eckstine
d) Ernestine Anderson
13. What was the name of the pre-school animation series for which UNESCO has signed an agreement with CJ Better Life for girl child education?
a) Pixel Pals
b) Rainbow Ruby
c) Alphabet Castle
d) The Magic Garden (TV series)
14. The multimedia tourism campaign, titled New Worlds, which won the silver prize of 2016 Golden City Gate Award at the ITB-Berlin, belongs to which Indian state?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
15. Which State on 1 March 2015 approved the Prohibition of Social Boycott Bill, 2016?
b) Andhra Pradesh
1-(a) 6-(d) 11-(b)
2-(a) 7-(a) 12-(d)
3-(b) 8-(a) 13-(b)
4-(a) 9-(a) 14-(b)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(d)