14 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India’s largest Floating Solar PV Plant, KCR Kit Scheme and National Elephant Day among others.
1. Which institute won the 2017 IEEE Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award?
2. It is in this State the NTPC has recently installed India’s largest Floating Solar PV Plant at RGCCPP Kayamkulam.
3. Which State Government announced KCR Kit Scheme to distribute 16 essential things needed for a new born baby?
c) Andhra Pradesh
4. Who was appointed as the chairman of the Central Water Commission?
a) Narendra Kumar
b) Seema Verma
c) K Srinath Reddy
d) P K Purwar
5. Which country is planning to send its largest warship on a 3-month tour through the South China Sea, in its biggest show of naval forces since World War II?
d) The United States of America
6. Which country celebrates National Elephant Day on 13 March?
7. Which popular cab service has launched ‘realtime ID check’ in India to ensure rider safety?
a) Meru Cabs
c) Easy Cabs
8. Which state will be hosting the 22nd Asian Athletics Championship to be held in July 2017?
a) Madhya Pradesh
9. Who of the following was given the additional charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigned from the post?
a) Kalraj Mishra
b) Subramanian Swamy
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Yogi Adityanath
10. Name the person whose name was confirmed by the US Senate as administrator of the 1 trillion dollars Centres for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with 55-43 votes.
a) Seema Verma
b) Nikki Haley
c) Harmeet Kaur Dhillon
d) Ashok Mago
11. Mission Fingerling was launched by which Ministry to achieve Blue Revolution?
a) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
b) Ministry of Power
c) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
d) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
12. George A. Olah, the Nobel laureate who passed away, won the Nobel Prize in which field?
13. Noted film director Diphan, who died recently, was well known for making films in which language?
14. Identify the former Chief of the Russian Athletics Federation's Medical Commission who was recently banned for lifetime by CAS in a doping case.
a) Alexander Dyachenko
b) Sergei Portugalov
c) Anastasia Karabelshikova
d) Ivan Podshivalov
15. Who won the All England Open Men's Singles title?
a) Lee Chong Wei
b) Shi Yuqi
c) Lin Dan
d) Rashid Sidek
1. (a) IIT-Madras
2. (b) Kerala
3. (b) Telangana
4. (a) Narendra Kumar
5. (a) Japan
6. (c) Thailand
7. (d) Uber
8. (b) Odisha
9. (c) Arun Jaitley
10. (a) Seema Verma
11. (a) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
12. (b) Chemistry
13. (c) Malayalam
14. (b) Sergei Portugalov
15. (a) Lee Chong Wei
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.