Current Affairs Quiz: 14 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 11th BRICS Summit 2019, Sabarimala verdict and launch of new mobile app e-Ganna among others.
14 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 11th BRICS Summit 2019, Sabarimala verdict and launch of new mobile app e-Ganna among others.
1. Which nation is hosting the 11th BRICS Summit 2019?
c) South Africa
2. The Supreme Court has referred the review petitions in the Sabarimala case to a larger bench. The larger bench will comprise how many members?
3. Which first female officer will be posted abroad as 'Naval Attache' by Navy?
a) Karabi Gogoi
b) Lalita Mathur
c) Anjali Mohan
d) Nandini Awasthi
4. Which famous mathematician from Bihar died recently?
a) Basant Sagar
b) Vashishtha Narayan Singh
c) Harish Chandra
d) Rahul Sachdeva
5. Which of the following country's President will be the Chief Guest of Republic Day 2020?
6. The bypolls to two Rajya Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh & Karnataka will be held on which date?
a) 22 November
b) 28 November
c) 8 December
d) 12 December
7. The joint exercise ‘Tiger Triumph’ began in Visakhapatnam between India and which country?
8. Which state launched the Sishu Suraksha Mobile App on the occasion of Children’s Day 2019?
d) West Bengal
9. Which state has launched e-ganna app for sugarcane farmers?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
10. Justice Muhammad Raffiq took oath as the Chief Justice of which state?
1. (a) Brazil
The 11th BRICS Summit 2019 is currently underway in Brazil. The BRICS summit 2019 theme is 'Economic Growth for an Innovative Future'.
2. (c) Seven
The Supreme Court has referred the Sabarimala case to a larger 7-judge bench. The five-judge constitutional bench delivered the ruling by 3:2 majority.
3. (a) Karabi Gogoi
Lieutenant Commander Karbi Gogoi will be deployed by the Indian Navy as Assistant Naval Attache in Russia. In addition to this, Anjali Singh will be posted in Russia as Deputy Air Attache. Lieutenant Commander Gogoi is currently posted as an Engineer in Karnataka.
4. (b) Vashishtha Narayan Singh
Vashistha Narayan Singh challenged Einstein's theory of relativity. Vashistha Narayan moved to America in 1965. He did his PhD from the University of California in 1969. He was also an associate professor at the University of Washington.
5. (d) Brazil
razilian President Jair Bolsonaro will be the chief guest of India's Republic Day celebrations next year. He was invited by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Prime Minister Modi has reached BRICS to attend the 11th BRICS Summit. A large business delegation will also come to India along with him.
6. (d) 12 December
The Election Commission of India has announced that the bypolls to two Rajya Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh & Karnataka will be held on December 12, 2019. The counting of votes will be held on the same day after the polling concludes in the assemblies.
7. (a) US
The Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise ‘Tiger Triumph’ began between India and the US at Visakhapatnam on November 13, 2019. The exercise will conclude on November 21, 2019.
8. (c) Assam
Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights launched the Sishu Suraksha mobile app on the occasion of Children’s Day 2019 with an aim to empower citizens to protect future generations.
9. (b) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh state government has launched a mobile application ‘e-Ganna’ for the sugarcane farmers in the state. The government also launched a web portal.
10. (a) Meghalaya
Justice Muhammad Raffiq has taken oath as the new Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court. Justice Raffiq succeeds Ajay Kumar Mittal and will be the 8th Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS