14 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Bharti Airtel and Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana among others.
1. Which two Indian ships would be participating in the Passage Exercise with Japanese Marine Self Defence Force?
a) INS Satpura and Kadmatt
b) INS Viraat and Kamorta
c) INS Sahyadri and Tarkash
d) INS Vikrant and Vikramaditya
2. What is the theme of the International Day for Disaster Reduction for the year 2017?
a) Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement
b) Disaster Reduction, Disaster preparedness
c) Reducing impact of Natural Disasters
d) Take action to reduce risk to disasters
3. Which Union Minister launched the Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana on 13 October 2017?
a) Narendra Singh Tomar
b) Manoj Sinha
c) Ram Vilas Paswan
d) Prakash Javadekar
4. The United States has withdrawn itself from which UN body?
5. Which country has developed a laser gun for counter-terrorism operations?
b) North Korea
6. Which Muncipal corporation of Gujarat carried out an aerial survey of Tapi river to find potable water?
7. The STRIVE scheme was recently launched to boost which mission?
a) Mission Indradhanush
b) Swachch Bharat Mission
c) Skill India Mission
d) None of the above
8. The Indian government signed a MoU with which country for Cooperation in the field of Vocational Education and Training?
9. Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and which overseas territory to strengthen economic links and to enhance cooperation between SEBI and FSC?
10. The Union Government approved setting up of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) in which two cities of Uttar Pradesh under Namami Gange programme?
a) Haridwar and Varanasi
b) Varanasi and Lucknow
c) Lucknow and Allahabad
d) Allahabad and Ghaziabad
11. Bharti Airtel announced acquiring mobile business of which of the following group?
a) Tata Group
b) Reliance Group
c) Aditya Birla Group
12. Who will head the National Committee celebrating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Venkaiah Naidu
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Anna Hazare
13. After IMF, the World Bank lowered India’s growth forecast from 8.6 per cent in 2015 to what per cent in 2017.
a) 7.0 per cent
b) 6.7 per cent
c) 8 per cent
d) 6.0 per cent
14. What is the age of consent as per the ruling by Supreme Court that criminalized sex with Child wife as rape?
15. Ashish Nehra on 11 October 2017 announced retirement from all forms of international and domestic cricket. Nehra will be playing his last match T20 International against which cricket team?
b) New Zealand
1. (a) INS Satpura and Kadmatt
2. (a) Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement
3. (b) Manoj Sinha
4. (a) UNESCO
5. (c) China
6. (a) Surat
7. (c) Skill India Mission
8. (d) Belarus
9. (c) Gibraltar
10. (a) Haridwar and Varanasi
11. (a) Tata Group
12. (a) Narendra Modi
13. (a) 7.0 per cent
14. (a) 18
15. (b) New Zealand