15 December 2016, Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 Forbes World’s Most Powerful People List, film, ‘Pele: Birth of a Legend’, and biopic, titled Blond Ambition among others.
1. Who topped the 2016 Forbes World’s Most Powerful People List?
a) Donald Trump
b) Angela Merkel
c) Vladimir Putin
d) Barack Obama
2. India’s Prime Minster Narendra Modi’s position in the 2016 Forbes World’s Most Powerful People List is
a) 6th position
b) 7th position
c) 8th position
d) 9th position
3. Name the state who’s High Court has issued a notice to the state government seeking its response over the appointment of its MLAs as Parliamentary Secretaries.
4. Name the Russian city that was stripped from hosting the 2017 Bobsleigh and Skeleton World Championships by International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation.
d) Saint Petersburg
5. A biopic, titled Blond Ambition, was named as the most admired unproduced film script available at present in the Hollywood system. It is a biopic of whom of the following?
b) Nicolas Cage
c) John Travolta
d) Bruce Willis
6. Union Government recently approved MoU between ISRO and which international agency to use Land Remote Sensing Satellite Data?
a) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
b) United States Geological Survey (USGS)
c) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
d) None of these
7. Who was appointed as the Industry Director of Facebook India recently?
a) Atul Agnihotri
b) Pulkit Trivedi
c) Paras Aggarwal
d) Sumit Bhola
8. Who was conferred with the Golden Jubilee Lifetime Achievement Award by the Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai (SJAM)?
a) Kapil Dev
b) Sunil Gavaskar
c) Ajit Wadekar
d) Virendra Sehwag
9. Which company tied up with Union Government for online River Water and Air Quality Monitoring (WAQM) systems?
10. The state government in recent past inaugurated a Solar Battery Station in a village of Dibrugarh. Name the state where Dibrugarh is located.
a) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Jammu & Kashmir
11. Which Indian singer stands a chance to win nomination in the 89th annual academy awards?
a) Salim Merchant
b) Pritam Chakraborty
c) AR Rahman
d) Shekhar Ravjiani
12. The film, ‘Pele: Birth of a Legend’, is featured in the initial list of Oscar nomination for two categories Best Original Score and Original Song category. Which song from the movie has been selected as one of the nomination contenders?
a) Against All Odds
c) Locker Room
d) Conquering the Demons
13. The Home Ministry has alleged that Pakistan intelligence agencies are spying on Indian security forces using four mobile apps. Which of the following are the 4 applications?
a) Moboplayer, NexGtv, Vine and VeeR VR
b) Top Gun, Mpjunkie, Bdjunkie and Talking Frog
c) FastFilmz, Shayari, D J Player and Colorfly
d) Zeus, iNoty, VuiT and INOX
14. Which e-commerce company has introduced its unlimited ad-free online streaming service in India?
15. The Union Government is planning to develop 60 solar cities across the country. The population criteria for inclusion of a city in this project is
a) Between 50000 and 50 lakh
b) Between 60000 and 60 lakh
c) Between 70000 and 70 lakh
d) Between 80000 and 80 lakh
1. (c) Vladimir Putin
2. (d) 9th position
3. (a) Chhattisgarh
4. (c) Sochi
5. (a) Madonna
6. (b) United States Geological Survey (USGS)
7. (b) Pulkit Trivedi
8. (b) Sunil Gavaskar
9. (a) Intel
10. (b) Assam
11.(c) AR Rahman
13.(b) Top Gun, Mpjunkie, Bdjunkie and Talking Frog
14. (c) Amazon
15. (a) Between 50000 and 50 lakh
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.