Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Command and Exit Policy of Army, Sahitya Akademi’s Annual Festival of Letters and National Woman Sports among others.
1. The Supreme Court on 15 February 2016 rejected a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) seeking Leader of Opposition (LoP) status for the Congress in Lok Sabha. In this context, name the leader of the Congress in the parliament.
a) Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi
b) Mallikarjun Kharge
c) Ajay Maken
d) Rahul Gandhi
2. The Supreme Court on 15 February 2016 upheld Army's policy of preferential promotion to officers in combat units. This policy was recommended by which committee?
a) Ajay Vikram Singh Committee
b) BC Roy Committee
c) A Mukherjee Committee
d) PK Pahwa Committee
3. Union Government on 15 February 2016 approved central assistance of over how many crore rupees to seven states affected by drought?
a) 4600 crore rupees
b) 3687 crore rupees
c) 4087 crore rupees
d) 3087 crore rupees
4. Which one of the following states is not included in the package announced for the seven drought-hit states on 15 February 2016 by the Union Government?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Himachal Pradesh
5. Sahitya Akademi's annual Festival of Letters began in New Delhi on 15 February 2016. The focus of 2016 festival is on
a) Tribal, Oral and North-Eastern literature
b) Dravidian literature
c) Tribal and Oral literature
d) North-Eastern literature
6. UK banking giant HSBC in February 2016 announced that it will keep its headquarters at
c) Hong Kong
7. Who was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court on 15 February 2016?
a) Justice VM Kanade
b) Justice VK Tahilramani
c) Justice SC Dharmadhikari
d) Justice Hiralal Waghela
8. In which State a one-month special financial inclusion drive was launched on 15 February 2016 wherein cooperative banks will open new bank accounts and also fill KYC forms?
9. At which place National Woman Sports started on 14 February 2016?
10. What was the Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation in January 2016 as per the data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in February 2016?
a) – 0.90 percent
b) – 0.73 percent
c) – 0. 50 percent
d) – 0.87 percent
11. Which two countries on 15 February 2016 began the joint military exercise LAMITYE 2016?
a) India & Nepal
b) India & Bangladesh
c) India & Seychelles
d) India & Sri Lanka
12. What is the theme of Make In India Week that began on 13 February 2016 in Mumbai?
a) Design, Innovation and Sustainability
b) Innovation, Development and Sustainability
c) Innovation, Employment and Developmet
d) Growth, Development and Employment
13. Which one of the following ITDC-run hotels is not part of the Union Government’s plan to disinvest loss-making properties?
a) Hotel Janpath
b) Hotel Bharatpur Ashok
c) Hotel Patliputra Ashok
d) Hotel Lalitha Mahal Palace
14. Name the India's under-19 cricket captain who was signed by leading sports management group IOS Sports and Entertainment for a period of three years in February 2016.
a) Ishan Kishan
b) Washington Sundar
c) Anmolpreet Singh
d) Rishabh Pant
15. Who won the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on 14 February 2016 in the women’s doubles category?
a) Rishika Sunkara & Serena Williams
b) Sania Mirza & Martina Hingis
c) Rishika Sunkara & Martina Hingis
d) Sania Mirza & Maria Sharapova
1-(b) 6-(b) 11-(c)
2-(a) 7-(d) 12-(a)
3-(c) 8-(d) 13-(d)
4-(d) 9-(b) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(b)